Engine for 99 Legacy B4 -car stolen+recovered

TommyM

Petrolheads
im in the car trade and sold a 99 Legacy B4 2.0 twin turbo to a local man 3 weeks ago who lives here in Monasterevin Co.kildare ,he's just been in with me there and the Legacy was taken from outside his house in Monasterevin the other night ,the gards chased it up the N7 towards Dublin until the Legacys engine blew and the lads were arrested by the cops.

anyway thats what happened and the damage is done so he wants me to price up an engine for it ,i dont know alot about Legacys or how easy/hard it would be to find an engine?? or maybe a club member has one?? :dontknow:

where would i pick up an engine or how much roughly would one be? :dontknow:

its roughly 2 grand for a new bottom end in subaru(carroll and roche) or you could go looking for a second hand one, but i presume youll have to put a warranty on it so i would forget about second hand

the guy i presume is looking for his car to be fixed

if tommy puts a engine into her for him i presume hell have to give him a warranty

nothing got to do with it being stolen

yes sorry lads i never made it clear ,he asked me to price the job of fitting an engine and i was looking for a bit of advice on where i would locate a 2nd hand engine (customer is mechanically minded and understands the risks of going 2nd hand).

When I read your first post I got the impression the guy was blaming you for the engine blowing and was expecting you to cover the cost. But now I get it.

McKeevers, Euro Auto Salvage, Traynors...one of those will have an engine.

have the car now ,piston came up threw block. cant find an engine for it tho ...tried traynors ,mckeevers,euro auto salvage ,the breakers up north have a good fieu legacys but not the one im looking for (2.0 TT) . if anybody knows where i would get one let me know thanks

Have a chat with Mark, B4 RSK. His engine sh1t itself recently so he decided to put an STi 9 block into her, courtesy of Ali Burrows & Ciaran RS RA. Might be worth the same doing this with this B4.

None of those guys have an engine! Thats shocking.

Have you tried IVI Engines on the Naas Road?

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=14873.msg186829#msg186829 date=1242653678]
None of those guys have an engine! Thats shocking.

Have you tried IVI Engines on the Naas Road?
[/quote]

havent tried IVI engines yet but they only sell engines if they fit them aswell

yes i know but it was just an engine im looking for as i have my own mechanic ,maybe il call them to price the job anyway :thumbsup:

pics added........just stuck dem up as i taught it was mad myself the way the piston came up threw block.

[quote author=MarkC link=topic=14873.msg186836#msg186836 date=1242654574]
It might be worth sending denis555 a pm he might have a engine
[/quote]

thanks ,will do :thumbsup:

What about ebay, i've seen a few Impreza engines for sale for about €1000 delivered.

Might be worth a go. Hope the feckers that stole it pay the bill!

Back