Ej208 for legacy b4

Risk as in internals worn or broken? Probably be better trying to see one running before I buy then if possible. My idea was to forge it inside and put new bearings in etc. looking to put an engine together that will last.

Re: Re: Ej208 for legacy b4

[quote author=johnoirl link=topic=40633.msg1#msg1 date=1391384368]
Risk as in internals worn or broken? Probably be better trying to see one running before I buy then if possible. My idea was to forge it inside and put new bearings in etc. looking to put an engine together that will last.
[/quote]

Oh you mean buy one u know was running

So stuff like crank etc you know is ok. And then strip a forge from there.

Yes that would be a good move. A 2.0 L crankshaft is e695 new alone. So yes would be worth it. If thats your plan have one there in a car running etc. Can hear. But wouldnt sell if was going stright into a car as just not worth headache our end

Yea Dave. That would be the plan alright. Is that 695 for a standard one? Maybe a silly question but I'm still learning about the internals. Had a brain fart last night to slap an rb25 in :p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Ej208 for legacy b4

[quote author=johnoirl link=topic=40633.msg1#msg1 date=1391467436]
Yea Dave. That would be the plan alright. Is that 695 for a standard one? Maybe a silly question but I'm still learning about the internals. Had a brain fart last night to slap an rb25 in :p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[/quote]

A brand new Crankshaft is e695.00 alone from Subaru.

Back