dogue de bordeaux info

justingc8

Petrolheads
myself and the girlfriend are looking at getting a dogue de bordeaux. ive been looking at them for a while on the net and i have been told of afew things to look out for on them and such, but just want to know from people who may own one what they think of them and what there like.

justin

Super looking. Love them.

But they are serious big lads.

Defo do your research and check your wallet to feed them..

[quote author=Scruff link=topic=30829.msg356126#msg356126 date=1307570949]
Just make sure you get it remapped for E5.
[/quote]
:icon_biggrin:

[quote author=davelegacy™ link=topic=30829.msg356130#msg356130 date=1307571469]
this lad looks good with kids..

http://www.clusterflock.org/2009/02/dogue-de-bordeaux.html
[/quote]

haha class. i think if i seen that comin at me id still laugh, just looks hilarious.

hoping to get down to a breeder in wexford soon to have a look and and talk about them. she was inviting me down first before i get one

Great dogs

Probably won't find a bigger head anywhere lol

They are good tempered, but need ALOT of exercise
Normal big dog issues, prone to arthritis in later years
Need to be careful of over exertion after eating for an hour or so!

Very very clever breed

There is a man lives near my girlfriend has one Justin. I'll see if i can get his number for you and you can ask him what you need. IIRC he has had a couple of them in the past. His dog is absolutely huge!!

Have you got kids at home or thinking about kids ?
Because looking at that pic dave put up gives me the shivers

A mate of mine has 1
Beautiful dog
I'd hate to see her turn on anyone tho
Seriously big dogs

Ok wow.............

Right Really never intended to turn this around into kid danger aspect..

Every single dog out there teeth is near formed as in pic and that is litterally good photographicy with a toy.

Like any Dog imo you need to get to know it. House dogs are the best to get to know as can learn litterally learn there personality with spending more time with them obviously. A dog thrown outside the back garden well you dont. If i trusted a indoor dog backwards then i would trust with my kids.

I am a fan of above breed but yes have not owned. But i believe intelligence of owner is half the battle.

Justin would certainly be in field of smart and intellectual so i wolud trust his judgement..

[quote author=davelegacy™ link=topic=30829.msg356265#msg356265 date=1307660035]
Ok wow.............

Right Really never intended to turn this around into kid danger aspect..

Every single dog out there teeth is near formed as in pic and that is litterally good photographicy with a toy.

Like any Dog imo you need to get to know it. House dogs are the best to get to know as can learn litterally learn there personality with spending more time with them obviously. A dog thrown outside the back garden well you dont. If i trusted a indoor dog backwards then i would trust with my kids.

I am a fan of above breed but yes have not owned. But i believe intelligence of owner is half the battle.

Justin would certainly be in field of smart and intellectual so i wolud trust his judgement..
[/quote]

wise words spoken :thumbsup:

[quote author=Mark Cahill link=topic=30829.msg356147#msg356147 date=1307575182]
There is a man lives near my girlfriend has one Justin. I'll see if i can get his number for you and you can ask him what you need. IIRC he has had a couple of them in the past. His dog is absolutely huge!!
[/quote]

That man is away on holidays at the moment Justin but I'll drop into him as soon as he's back. :thumbsup:

Back