Does this sound dodgy at all???

goldenjohn

Octane Boostaholics
Audi A3 Sport S Line 2004

The price is 4500 euros
Petrol 2/3 doors, manual transmission, black.
Mileage : 63,500, Tax 03/2009, ABS Brakes, Airbags, Alloys, Car Alarm, CD / Radio, Colour Coded Bumpers, Electric Mirrors, Electric Windows, Front Fog Lamps, Full Service History, Immobiliser, Lady Owner, Leather Interior, Metallic Paint, Power Steering, Remote Central Locking, Sports Suspension, Sunroof
Excellent Condition, the car was kept in a garage , it has Audi service book,the tires have been changed recently, and doesn't need repairings.It has no engine problem, no scratches.
Registered in Ireland .The car is at the moment in Liverpool, UK.
I live in the USA, I bought the car for my brother who lived in Ireland and then moved to UK. Unfortunately he died recently and I cannot take the car with me.
You do not have to pay any taxes for this car. It is very easy to register it to your name .
I have all the documents ready for sale. The car documents are on my name, so it is very simple.
As payment I only accept cash and we will have to meet in Liverpool for the sale.

Thank you and I hope you will decide to buy my car.
Here are some photos.

What do ye think it was in the auto trader but this is the reply i got to the e mail i sent the person.....

Its a known scam.

Do a search on autotrader by narrowing price down to 4500-5000 euro. Recession hasn't hit that hard yet, wait until you see whats advertised at that price :lol:

Just did a quick search

07 Passat
04 Accord TDCI
03 BMW 325CI
03 Merc CLK 270CDI

was a piece on 98fm about this while ago... exact same scenario... living in America, car in uk , family member dead ... cheap car .....avoid like the plague :new_2gunsfiring_v1:

100% scam! Came across one of these a year or two ago. Lad advertised in Autotrader about a '04 Fireblade or similiar. No number, just email for contact. Same story-his brother had died leaving this bike. Said i'd have a bit of craic with him. Asked him for a contact number and he replied that he couldn't talk as he'd injured his vocal chords in Iraq :lol: :lol: Ya gotta give them some credit for the s$*t they come out with

RUN A MILE Mate
my friend got ripped of bye these scammers on a audi a6 last year
he lost 23000 euro
They just take pictures of car zone or different site of a car someone else has for sale
DODGY
Report it to the Gardai and save someone else getting scammed or else report to autotrader
:thumbsup:
[quote author=goldenjohn link=topic=13782.msg170570#msg170570 date=1237817151]
Audi A3 Sport S Line 2004

The price is 4500 euros
Petrol 2/3 doors, manual transmission, black.
Mileage : 63,500, Tax 03/2009, ABS Brakes, Airbags, Alloys, Car Alarm, CD / Radio, Colour Coded Bumpers, Electric Mirrors, Electric Windows, Front Fog Lamps, Full Service History, Immobiliser, Lady Owner, Leather Interior, Metallic Paint, Power Steering, Remote Central Locking, Sports Suspension, Sunroof
Excellent Condition, the car was kept in a garage , it has Audi service book,the tires have been changed recently, and doesn't need repairings.It has no engine problem, no scratches.
Registered in Ireland .The car is at the moment in Liverpool, UK.
I live in the USA, I bought the car for my brother who lived in Ireland and then moved to UK. Unfortunately he died recently and I cannot take the car with me.
You do not have to pay any taxes for this car. It is very easy to register it to your name .
I have all the documents ready for sale. The car documents are on my name, so it is very simple.
As payment I only accept cash and we will have to meet in Liverpool for the sale.

Thank you and I hope you will decide to buy my car.
Here are some photos.

What do ye think it was in the auto trader but this is the reply i got to the e mail i sent the person.....
[/quote]

Run a mile. A mate of mine who knows fook all about cars was on about it and smelled a rat. When he emailed the woman back saying that "It was a smart scam she'd running" he got a email back with a few smiley faces. :angry1:
Fookin Scum. pound notes in person is the only way to buy :icon_grin:
Cheers
John

ya it is complete balls, i also e-mailed about a mini same e-mail i got back about the audi...  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
I said awh i'm awfull sorry too hear, you should contact the person with the mini, she had a brothere that died, stop wasting my time ye c*ck munchin c*nt bags..... and left it at that...  :shock2: got a little angry  :lol:
Reported them too auto trader, cause dont want the hassle of "can i have your name" "number" bull with the shiociloni............

Back