Displaying ECU data on an Android Auto compatible headunit

hassen27

ISDC Club Member
Hi guys/gals.

I recently managed to make an old setup work on an android auto compatible headunit. With the program loaded, it takes data from the ECU via an obd2 dongle(Wifi or Bluetooth) and you can have it displayed on your headunit.

I am hoping that once I get my car back, it should be able to display the data off the Haltech ecu without any issues. I test trialled it in the Cupra and it should work on the Pioneer headunit in the Subaru too. If people are interested, I will make a post on what you need to make it all work etc.

Picture of the first test run.

Attachments

• PXL_20201118_085849191.jpg
    PXL_20201118_085849191.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 9
Good man Hassen,

Definitely something I would like to do in the future, more info whenever you get a chance would be brilliant.

I done android in my old Forester XT with one of those cheap android head units

running the Torque PRO App

I found it a great job,it wont fit in my blob centre console as the lip around the radio would have to be slightly trimmed

But was very handy for running torque

Last edited:
I done android in my old Forester XT with one of those cheap android head units

running the Torque PRO App

I found it a great job,it wont fit in my blob centre console as the lip around the radio would have to be slightly trimmed

But was very handy for running torque
Yea, much easier to do the display with the Android headunits and cheaper too.

Just for anyone who is running Pioneer Android Auto headunits like myself, thought it might come in handy :)

Good man Hassen,

Definitely something I would like to do in the future, more info whenever you get a chance would be brilliant.
Once I have it all figured out and setup in my car, I will get a breakdown on how to get it running and a video of it in the car :)

Back