DART??

Mark Cahill

Full ISDC Members 2015Member Number 555
Anyone know which Dart stop is best to get off at for Herbert Road? Heading to the Aviva to the match tonight and had been planning on getting off at the Landsdowne Road stop but have been hearing now that there is no access from that stop to Herbert Road when there is a match on. Anyone any ideas? :thumbsup:

The stadium isn't on herbert road.. Get off the dart at lansdowne and the stadium is right there... If you take a right out of the station (you don't even have to cross the tracks), just walk down landsdowne road to the new gate entrances.. They may now close herbert road for traffic which they didnt use to but they should still allow pedestrians..

Regardless of road closures anyway, you'll have to get off at lansdowne road as sandymount is miles away.. Coppers will direct you where to go but I'd be sure you can just walk down lansdowne road onto herbert road if you want :thumbsup:

Thats what i thought myself Jamie but over on Boards they have it that for the rugby match at the weekend if you were meant to enter via Herbert Rd there was no access from Landsdowne only from Sandymount. :ponder2:

@ Sweetcakes, the tickets say you have to enter from Herbert Rd so thats the only reason i'd be heading that direction. Something about a one way system around the stadium.

You're right Mark. I just rang the Aviva Stadium there for you & they say you can't use the Lansdowne Rd stop for your ticket. You need to get off at Sandymount & walk around the block. She said there would be signs on all the darts :ponder2: but I'd imagine there will also be plenty of signage once you leave Sandymount station telling you which way to go.

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=25526.msg300822#msg300822 date=1280929954]
You're right Mark. I just rang the Aviva Stadium there for you & they say you can't use the Lansdowne Rd stop for your ticket. You need to get off at Sandymount & walk around the block. She said there would be signs on all the darts :ponder2: but I'd imagine there will also be plenty of signage once you leave Sandymount station telling you which way to go.
[/quote]

Thats a joke... fooking cowboys...

I think most decent stadiums operate 1 way systems as a health & safety precaution, i.e. you can only approach the stand you're sitting in from 1 direction :ponder2:

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=25526.msg300822#msg300822 date=1280929954]
[/quote]

Thanks for that Brian! Better get the walking shoes on! :doh: :thumbsup:

You are hardly referring to the 3 sided aviva as a decent stadium? Sure i could kick a ball over the windows on the north facing side :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No bothers Mark, its only a few hundred metres extra anyway to be honest.

Back