Dan's friendly advice... (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjrc

Sunday Drivers
Apparently becoming a member of ISDC is looking more and more unlikely for me.
I have been unemployed for 5 months so trying not to spend money on things i don't need is a priority. That is why my impreza is for sale.
And then with so many "FREE" clubs out there i dont see a logical reason to pay 50 yoyos a year on this club.
But a couple of days ago i found that the 50 euros entitles you to the freedom of speech which should be granted to everyone, in the following message:

"Howdy
I just thought I'd mention that I noticed in a recent "Intercooler for sale" thread, you posted some comment that were unconstructive!
No bother with that, only it's hard enough for lads to sell stuff at the moment, and if someone want's to buy something cheap enough and when the condition is obvious from the pictures then so be it! don't you think??
That coupled with the fact that the lad trying to sell it has been here for a long time and is very well liked by all!
So point is, It might be a nice idea not to spoil a lads sale!
That just me being non-confrontaional, If you don't mind me saying so!
No offence intended!"

At first glance i thought fair play... but after reading it a couple of times (i am quite slow :hammerhead:) it appears to me that is aload of rubbish nonsense and bullcrap.
Dan's e-mail came a long time after the intercooler was declared sold and just sounds like patronising talk. Like "you are new here, opinion not welcome"...
My comment was never intended to spoil anyone's day or sale.

NO OFFENCE INTENDED!
mjrc

:subaru: :subaru:

Your comment is sound enough if not a little unfair to the seller.

This is a site where lads can talk freely and it unfortunately swings both ways, in that they can write comments simular to the ones writen in the thread you refer to above.

It would be nice for lads to keep such comments in for sale adds to themselves alright but you cann't realy stop them and I see where Dan is coming from with his e-mail but cann't see where you think he is being patronising towards you.

I also cann't see where he comes accross with the attitude "you are new here, opinion not welcome"... I think you may be reading a little to deep into what has been said.

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=14542.msg179932#msg179932 date=1240350512]
this OP was removed by mods earlier on!!!!
:angry1: :angry1:
[/quote]

I thought that myself Marko!!!!

shouldnt quote someones pm on a public forum!!!
[/quote]

I knew it was going to happen so kept a copy...

shouldnt quote someones pm on a public forum!!!
[/quote]

Wat does OP stand for ?

i`d just also like to add that myself and other non full member friends of mine have gotten the same kinds of pm from full members, as if to say keep out, members only. i`m not condoning what was done and my pm have been of different topics to the one posted but it`s bully tactics and half the reason i won`t spend the money myself

*disclamer* none of my bad pms are from dan

Well.. if I'm not going to buy the thing.. what's the point in commenting at all? end of...

[quote author=Scouserlad2007 link=topic=14542.msg179946#msg179946 date=1240350907]
Why post again if deleted already??? :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

OP= original post
[/quote]

I am not easilly bullied... :hammerhead:

Dont agree with anyone sending PM's or e-mail to lads about silly stuff
members or not, it was agreed by the members here to allow non members
post in the for sale section and i think it has worked out well, however when
somebody posts something for sale and the first reply is unhelpful to them
you can see why people would be upset......

Is this going to be another ''i said you said'' topic :new_2gunsfiring_v1: :icon_rolleyes: :icon_evil: :wall: :1poke:

If a person has nothing good to say about a For Sale Add then say nothing at all...

End Of...

[quote author=daveR link=topic=14542.msg179962#msg179962 date=1240351815]
Is this going to be another ''i said you said'' topic :new_2gunsfiring_v1: :icon_rolleyes: :icon_evil: :wall: :1poke:

If a person has nothing good to say about a For Sale Add then say nothing at all...

End Of...
[/quote]

Agreed :thumbsup:

This is the problem:

[quote author=slithertooth link=topic=14542.msg179948#msg179948 date=1240350931]
i`d just also like to add that myself and other non full member friends of mine have gotten the same kinds of pm from full members, as if to say keep out, members only. i`m not condoning what was done and my pm have been of different topics to the one posted but it`s bully tactics and half the reason i won`t spend the money myself

[/quote]

[quote author=daveR link=topic=14542.msg179962#msg179962 date=1240351815]

End Of...
[/quote]

Agree too :thumbsup:

Dan is a very level headed and Fair person, I really don't think he was having a go at you at all but more asking you to help things along rather than criticize someone's for sale thread. Don't read too much into this lad.

And there we have it....

A good cross section of members have all agreed you were wrong to post your comments in the "for sale" thread.

There is no bullying here that I know of but I am now locking this thread due to the potential of it starting a flame war.

I'd suggest you let this issue go now, a friendly request rather than a threat :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back