crazy main dealer prices

copperhead

Petrolheads
i went into my local subaru main dealers Eddie Gary cars sales Waterford today to price getting cam belt changed was told 1020 euro :shock: :shock: :shock:
it gets better i also have a back shock on the way out asked for a price and was told would have to buy two even though i only want one price 740 euros each not fitted so thats 2500 euro to get a cam belt done and get back shock WTF :ponder: :angry: :angry: :angry: i just laughed and walked out was in there about half an hour as he couldnt give me prices without chassis number and in that time nobody else came in i wonder why
IMO :subaru: main dealer = ripoff

well i wont begin to explain to u what certain subaru dealer wanted off me for a service and new front pads! all i can say is THANKS to Jumo - sort me out every time and not for an arm and a leg! :thumbsup:

I got a pully, tensioner, oil change(Motul), coolant changed and hand break adjusted for a great price from STi tunning there the weekend.

If I did go to a main dealer I'd go to carroll and roche. I have always found them the best but Dave at STi tuning is cheaper then them. I got Shocks priced from C&R and they wheren't that bad. I think €120 or so a corner. Thats just the KYB shock. You use the old spring and Strut mount. If your hearing a knocking from the Shock at the back I'd say all you need is a strut mount as these do go in all new age models. Epecially the STi. If this is the case by the back set I think their about €100 or so. Better doing them both together alright.

Oh i know da story lad, lamba sensor went in my exhaust and got a qoute from local dealer ere, €580 just 4 da part :angry:. Got part from england, €290. Wasn't part of tis club den so didn't know about da traders ere. Dealers r robbin b**tards !!!!!

When I got my first WRX I went to HB Dennis when they where a subaru dealer for a service. I was told it would be €650. :shock:

I then went to Berinsley Peppard and C&R and was qauted €250 from them both. I was told that subaru garages have a standard price and that there was no way that HB should have been charging those prices. No wonder they are not a subaru dealer anymore.

chances are when ya bring your car to a main dealers there is an apprentice workin on it also

Back