Colour of SL leather seats

hassen27

ISDC Club Member
Hiya.

Anyone know what is the colour of the SL leather seats in the Blob Impreza WRX? If even there is a colour code?

To my untrained eyes, it looks like Dark Grey and there is some bolster wear that I would like to get some leather dye onto to make it look a bit nicer.

Any help much appreciated as not much came up on a Google search.

Thanks

Regardless man, if you got one done it would be fresher than the rest. I'd say get the two front seats done and you'll be OK like. Like paint, leather dye fades over time...

Regardless man, if you got one done it would be fresher than the rest. I'd say get the two front seats done and you'll be OK like. Like paint, leather dye fades over time...

Cheers for the advice.

Don't need the whole seat done tbh as it's just the driver side bolster that sligly faded and has a mark on the horizontal section. Touch up die which needs to be matching would make it look better.

One option would be to order both Black and Dark grey, test it out and see....think I might have answered my own question :icon_eyes:

May be something you never thought of, or might not work, but after working with good leather shoes and stuff for years (I mean proper leather, ?200+ for a pair) why not try a black shoe polish.
If that don't work, you can get leather balm that will make it all kinda supple again, gives a kinda matt effect on the leather but once it's dry you could try the polish again.

Same method to car polish, small bit on a cloth, and buff off after
Be worth a shot ????

Don't recommend shoe polish. It will stain your clothes.

Leather dyes for seat / clothes use soaks in and then is treated with a "sealer" to stop transfer after.

There's a place in town does leather seat restorations for cars... nearly sure they're called Nolan's... worth calling in to them maybe (did good work before).

Thanks for the advice guys.

Leather shoe polish is a no no Eoin. Think like Charles said, it would transfer.

Specific leather dye I think is the way to go. I went up to Nolan's before Charles. Excellent work but at the moment they only taking on bigger jobs and this is tiny compared. The main guy was really helpful the last time and advised me what to do and took very little money to just glue the door cards for me once I had them put back together. Really sound guy.

I think my best bet is to get a leather repair kit with black and dark grey/charcoal to match the current colour :)

Excellent work but at the moment they only taking on bigger jobs and this is tiny compared.

I hate that. Turning business down is annoying as a customer. I mean, you go there specifically asking and they say no. Go somewhere else that will do it. It just drives me nuts. It's like the place that done my door and skirts. They refused to paint my wing, after I paying for the rest of the stuff which was a decent amount of cash.

I hate that. Turning business down is annoying as a customer. I mean, you go there specifically asking and they say no. Go somewhere else that will do it. It just drives me nuts. It's like the place that done my door and skirts. They refused to paint my wing, after I paying for the rest of the stuff which was a decent amount of cash.

I hear ya man. It's not a nice feeling when you are hoping to get the work done and know they could.

At the same time, I can see it from their side, Nolans that is, which will spend their time on bigger projects like redoing a full leather interior for a car compared to my touch up dye. In fairness to them, the last time I was there, they advised me what to do, saved me a few quid and were happy to do the finishing bit which I could and provided me with the items I needed. I was very pleased with the service received and savings I made at the time.

You could get in contact with cartronics in dublin they do leather retrims and may be able to help in failing that theres a guy in kilkenny who does great re trim work on seats and joe can vouch for it maybe worth a shout

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

There?s a lad in Dublin called the seat surgeon turns up in a van with sewing machine does it there and the done leather seats for me before good job but new material will always be slightly different he brings stuff to match. He used to work in cartroincs as Gordon says

Brilliant. Thanks guys. Much appreciated. I will keep Johnny's number as it's definitely someone to have in the phone book for car related things.

I decided, again after watching some Youtube videos that I might attempt to sort this out as it's a very small area that is discoloured and that if I do mess it up, I could fix it with a dye. I found a kit online that I can mix the colour to get a reasonably good match myself and now just need to find the time and patience to get it done.

This is the kit for anyone interested:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Complete-Leather-Repair-Kit-Fix-scuffs-scratches-rips-holes-Match-ANY-colour/332834501319?var=&hash=item4d7e7b72c7&enc=AQADAAADAFjVrDbVsZ8oH%2F8PNHtt9VX4%2Fw7FZcmMuqsX8uaFEduVnU3mTwQTSYbFkjPZfjb8pnRg95oXWngtE%2FKnyri4laNhiGlBHfseja2jT2tUksgwHhblY%2FnFnqyxrJXeyy%2BTt7dTc8sxumaIMwq0pJzi2SNWLF8wteChS8o8ykZDOQccfqYF9XmVw0yGBoUMxj8jjrrKEfRyopfSnbwaLfXLYlbfRbxlFFvcbM1CDoz5T455uicLibnv4hBmYN0n30zwkKa4wwtXs3CYUc4BoFlyq9l4VQT1nVzLNfBc5I%2FlB%2FhpIvyfCb53P52MbqBNOIkeeHTCZH07KFBOYQ9eaeOI%2FSnRs0qBEO9avi25Npz1eVYJ3zRQ4HRe2zDQwCh%2Bm4HPRRt%2BN8NXGH2tTYwjZwmbXDAoMjhmK8VlMb15TS7Ijg8DnA15Ji1VYC31%2BNf5CY%2FCWdmz9WW009bPEc%2BLSlATjUcDQdoYD6EXDgU6yuapaY3IfcxjOs8XG2anvQkLkKlqJvaZRdKuS387Tigq2QzeJcKegh9AkF8pEUResXMkA3lcYB05i8kz03EOxZCCFIwOenw%2FC%2BkVU7ney2ZhqSA0w1b53Hssa2a2F10zX4uEg%2FBuCQ4LlJWE1GF63%2BcM8XQZKeDNAJcgU1hZb62x6ZRWqjD88x9pEXCobLgNs3pbxcdir2tqmuYx524qhwNFNpQYeLnMqMdIoNk0yd2R12RMjVJ0TQZNCrBbbL55iuV9m%2Bi6IpByhdDWWq%2BIdyewt6KJpxl6LFOhXhZjfE7u92PDEgzLlIVzdm0gJ%2Ftm2PN2hPxlZdkdbT4XEZPlj2%2BsnwdB4JqJARwCYikLzCPjSiqIRF5LkJGn2TXcWD9iZYdMQw7QOLOQLTwPGM2bTqdMRywB2iWnyIvhcebMYnCuUqteqOYcOJiyXlV2Eky9sMO8iDxJmTxAGlgOmev4lJfZO%2BbOV6WJCyGGyCqwNGlOS5dxVSHTmOLBZihFU4NxvEgUnTdOvrRflAU0O%2BE3x3VFSLwk2w%3D%3D&checksum=332834501319ac13203f00cd4544ad524df7020858db&frcectupt=true

If you keep an eye out the SL leather seats do come up for small money , if there was a good bit of wear on yours.

If you keep an eye out the SL leather seats do come up for small money , if there was a good bit of wear on yours.

Thanks. I seen a few for sale and all of them are worse than my ones. It's minimal wear on mine, no rips thankfully and a lighter shade spot that was there since I bought it. A refresh would make it all look a lot better as the seats themselves are fine everywhere else.

Back