Clutch this weekend?

pugtk

Sunday Drivers
Hi All

Just picked up a type r today which needs a clutch.

What brand should I go for?

Can't see the car going above 330bhp

Also where can I get it one this weekend?:banana:

Id say will be impossible to get it this weekend

Exedy,sachs there's other ones out there aswell but these would be mainly used i think subarus in general use sachs if im not wrong
im runing exedy pink and budget blueprint disc on classic no problems at all :smile:

Not a hope on average weekend even less on Easter. Exedy seems to be prefered choice. Blue box stock, pink uprated. Dave does them :54:

Dave @ RSR Automotive is your man. Give him a shout for prices.

So should I go for the standard blue exedy or the stage 1 pink.

The cars running a jasmin turbo back exausht, sard induction kit, walbro 255, unsure if it was mapped or not as the car was siting for a few years, but I will be mapping her if it hasnt

330bhp would be all i would be going for

Last edited:
So should I go for the standard blue exedy or the stage 1 pink.

The cars running a jasmin turbo back exausht, sard induction kit, walbro 255, unsure if it was mapped or not as the car was siting for a few years, but I will be mapping her if it hasnt

330bhp would be all i would be going for

I went with standard Exedy as I'm running stock power.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with blueprint, for what u pay its really good quality been using it for years in other parts in variuos cars with no problems

If intend to go 330bhp then blueprint is not for u

Last edited:
there parts are fine generally
but a blueprint clutch in a high performance car is a waiste of time
i sell clutch for a living so have seen this first hand

i put a blueprint clutch in a ae86 - it lasted 2 weeks hard driving - they are on 120bhp

fine in a micra - not a 300bhp impreza

from personally experience my type r ran a blue box exedy fine @ 330bhp

Im runing new blueprint disc + exedy pink cover for near 2k miles now no rallying now or any of that taking out engine soon and will inspect it but as for driving and the odd boot down the road no slipping, bites every bit of it

Im runing new blueprint disc + exedy pink cover for near 2k miles now no rallying now or any of that taking out engine soon and will inspect it but as for driving and the odd boot down the road no slipping, bites every bit of it

What sort of power are you running?

Standart or whatever is left of it classic v4 sti

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

Back