changed car from a b4 to a wrx sti (hate insurance companys)

chris139ryan

Octane Boostaholics
getting insured on the b4 was so easy anyone would cover me but since iv got the impreza its been a major pain getting insurance finally got someone to quote me after an insuracne company messed up and gave me a wrong quote and i accepted it so rang them back making sure i was covered they said no your not. after about an hour they realised they made a mistake and would give me that quote, but on renewal time next year the insurance will almost go up by 4 times. dreeding it :icon_cry:

Have your first bit of karma mate :thumbsup:

What age are you and how much did you pay this year? How many years NCB?

im 20 wit 3 years ncb. but its my das car he has full ncb and im insured under him even he found it hard to get insurance. got a few online quotes for him he rang up and they wudn cover us. we ended up gettin it for 911 which i thought was very good but next year its going to be around 4250 which i aint paying. absolute cracking car but cannot afford that for insurance. on the b4 my insurance for me and my da was online around 500 which was amazing value. your b4 is looking well from the pics

Insure yourself fully comp on an aul banger, get your dad to insure the impreza on his own and you can drive it then using the third party extention from your own policy.. Its an option if you're willing to take the risk of driving it third party..

You wanna be careful if you do that. If anything were to ever happen you'd need to make sure you say you were only out for a spin in your father's car to get a litre of milk in the shop or something. If you were found out to be the 'main' driver instead of a 'named driver' your insurance (even as third party only) could be null and void as you would only be insured as a named driver. That was something that was nicely told to me one time by an insurance company.
Having said that, i did it for years but thankfully I'd no accidents.

yeah i was thinking of insuring myself on a heap but i dont no if it is worth the risk of just going 3rd party on a car like that. thanks for the advice but il wait til the renewal to see wat happens praying something will come up that favors me.

i no the bastards wish the insurance were the same as england they will insure anything u want. the worst about ireland insurance is when ur doin an online quote and go to subaru and the wrx sti is an option to be covered but when u try get a quote they say they dont do it. the insurance companys are getting worse last year i got a quote full comp on a 95 wrx sti 2 door for 4000 now its 4000 on renewal under my dad. sick of them

Feel your pain mate its sick when your insurance costs more than the car, then theres all the small print. Im with first ireland not great to deal with but maybe they will quote you if you call them, some of the lads on here are with them to. Anyway best of luck with your plight. :thumbsup:

Back