cctv

scoobyjoe2007

Petrolheads
lads a few cars in my estate were broke into last night...including the girlfriends....

i will be putting a camera outside my door the weekend.....

question is....

from my house i can see the entrance to the estate and i was thinking of putting a camera on the corner
facing the entrance

do i have to get permission to put it or who would i ask bout it.......

thanks for any info

You don't need any permission to record in a public place, if its pointing out onto a public road you'll have no problem :thumbsup:

As long as it is not directed towards anyones house you will be fine!

I had a pr1ck of a neighbour who kept complaining about mine facing the rear of his house, but who was it that he came running to when his house was broken into!! Pity i'd shifted it at that stage!

Another thing about cctv, when my house was broken into the gardai were telling me that the footage would not be allowed in court unless i had a notice up saying that it was there, so even if you only put up the small sticker that comes with it make sure you do! My sticker is in the corner of an upstairs window so can't be seen anyway. :thumbsup:

dont know for sure if you need to get anyones permission as long as its not looking into anyone elses property ,

I would tell your neighbours that your putting one up and the reason why , just to save any agro with anyone you know yourself ,

If there is a management company or local authority involved tho it might be easier to not involve them incase they object ,

The garda were wrong Mark , it only has to displayed in a premises where public have free access
as in a shop or pub etc. When it is on private property you do not have to put up any notice.

i have cameras up in my house but i only have them looking on my premises. if your neighbours know about them you can get assholes knocking on your door everytime a dog takes a dump in their garden. the camera has saved my car from been taken twice so i think its worth it and when my neighbours galanza was attempted i got some good footage as they walked by and checked my car before they tried to take his. i have had the cops at the door looking to see if i got another car up the road been broken into but typical cops left it too long and it had been recorded over.

ps ......if you need any of the gear to do the job, ie cable, bnc's ect gimme a shout. we also deal with borsetec and reliable who do cameras and dvrs so dont be stuck for anything.

[quote author=northdublin link=topic=23539.msg281072#msg281072 date=1273688940]
i have cameras up in my house but i only have them looking on my premises. if your neighbours know about them you can get assholes knocking on your door everytime a dog takes a dump in their garden. the camera has saved my car from been taken twice so i think its worth it and when my neighbours galanza was attempted i got some good footage as they walked by and checked my car before they tried to take his. i have had the cops at the door looking to see if i got another car up the road been broken into but typical cops left it too long and it had been recorded over.

ps ......if you need any of the gear to do the job, ie cable, bnc's ect gimme a shout. we also deal with borsetec and reliable who do cameras and dvrs so dont be stuck for anything.
[/quote]

edited my previous post

Back