car spit

It?s a car rotisserie he?s looking for . Is it for a bare shell or a full car with engine and glass as there?s a huge difference in the weights and the strength of both rotisserie.

Only one I know of is in use and will be for a long time .
Could be something you need to get an engineering shop to build .

jaime @ the project is only one i can think might . actually met him at c&c bray there on sunday . i presume his is in use but might be able to point you in direction .

I think it would have to be made , but as Mac mentioned Jamie might be able to help as in give you measurements etc .

Id say make one i know of 2 people that made there own and have work out really well doesn?t seem to be much in it once you do your homework on it so its up high enough to be able for the car to swing around on it

I made my own heavy duty one to hold about 800-1000kg, used it for about 7-8 months, finished with it and could not get anyone to buy it, ended up cutting it up to make a work bench. Cost me about ?350 for steel and casters... that?s without cost of welding it...
Buy one if you can that?s powder coated and has away of adjusting the height.

There like trailers
buy a pre made one
yeah you pony up more
but will rock on after for less if the hit taken on home job
1200 landed always worth 700 or so blah blah blah whatever exact figures

As Ken said... they can be easily made. I CAD designed my own to hold the car as a bare shell and by fully adjustable, so I can increase the pivot point height to balance it on rotation depending if it is bare or has doors or roll cage in it at the time.

Unfortunately though, my own will be tied up for some time and I then plan on building new cradles when I'm done to mount a classic mini on it that I want to restore.

All in, it cost me about 400 euro in materials and laser cutting, but if simplified, it could be done for a lot less. If you can weld, I'd certainly give it a go yourself rather than spend 1100-1200 sterling plus shipping on one.

IMG_5849 by Jamie Flett, on Flickr

IMG_5925 by Jamie Flett, on Flickr

IMG_5928 by Jamie Flett, on Flickr

IMG_5950 by Jamie Flett, on Flickr

IMG_6261 by Jamie Flett, on Flickr

IMG_5953 by Jamie Flett, on Flickr

Back