Buying from usa

goldenjohn

Octane Boostaholics
At the minute, if i was to buy something from the usa would i be better buying in euro or stirling?? cost about $450.
What type of customs would i be expecting to pay,
Its a hobby item.

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=30732.msg355168#msg355168 date=1306925604]
budget for about 20% of shipped value :angry1:
[/quote]

Would that be the same to the uk??
If i was to buy the same thing over here it'd cost £450

but $450 is only about £260 and its €313, so i am wondering will i buy it and have it direct to aberdeen, or sent home to sligo, which would be best value for money, i'll be home again in july so can pick it up then.

Will still be liable to excise duty wherever you ship it to.All goods imported originating outside eec are liable.

Think the vat rate might be a little lower in the uk but duty should be the same. stg rate or exchange againse dollar :dontknow:

cost of goods + shipping x rate of duty x vat.

I you want to pm me what your getting will try and get duty rate for you.

Better off ringing local customs and ask them for the rate or duty.Be a lot quicker than me. :multijump:

Chances are it will be stopped so as well budgeting for the worse

:smokin:

Get it shipped direct to Aberdeen and buy in Stg in my opinion John

Getting it sent to Sligo would only incur more travel costs and or shipping costs to have it where you want it!!!!

Stg is a stronger currency at the moment really and normally cheaper shipping to Uk than Ireland (for some reason)

but again thats only my personal opinion

align_trex_450_sport_10.jpg

Can something like this be a gift??
Like i have the money here to buy it in uk, but even with duty it'd still be about £80 cheaper from the states,
But stirling is at its weakest against euro than it has in years, so was wondering which currency is best,
I'll be comeing home regardless in july, so no extra costs on me,

i've bought several heavy expensive drum cymbuls and bike parts from the U.S sent to me marked as gifts so don't see why not :dontknow:

it can be marked as gift but if it disappears in the post i think ur screwed, not all places are willing to put it down as a gift. I had somethng down as a gift before and it still showed a value of 600 dollars on it and got hit with vat. there checking everything these days

Its a couple of years ago sense i did it, always worked fine for me, i have a sister flying back in july if you want you can post it to her and i'll deliver it to you after i play wi.........er,......i mean as soon as she lands in shannon :doh:

Love one of them.

Bloke in work is mad into them.

Spare parts/modding seems to be expensive.

He has quite a bit of experience loosing/crashing them and can get spares cheap enough.

Next time i see him i will get him to mail me info and will send onto you.

:smokin:

Back