Bulbs for Speedo (where to get and what type?)

edcoyle1

hi all,

my hawkeye WRX seems to have a few bulbs blown behind the speedo. Ive tried several parts stores and the havent a clue. Anyopne know where i could get those bulbs and what type are they? i was told T5 but there are other similar types out there.

cheers, Ed

The parts store should have them you just need to take it out as there are 3 different types by colour. Bes t when you have it out is to replace all of them

I've a blobeye and these were what I used - ordered them from the UK pre-Brexit from AutoBulbsDirect (abd.co.uk). Prefer to shop local normally but I wasn't turning up anything locally. Hopefully the 286 code, voltage and wattage should be enough to help you with the search

1642978888035.png

I've a blobeye and these were what I used - ordered them from the UK pre-Brexit from AutoBulbsDirect (abd.co.uk). Prefer to shop local normally but I wasn't turning up anything locally. Hopefully the 286 code, voltage and wattage should be enough to help you with the search

View attachment 121775
thanks for that Doggy...... the bulb number ive pulled up from other formus was a W5W or 501..... ive tried 2 subaru garages and they dont stock these and could tell me very little about them.....ll see if the guys in galway come back to me, if not ill give this a try.. thanks again....ed

In case it's of any help I changed a few on my forester recently, far as I know impreza etc all use the same ones. Mine was a mix of t5/286 and slightly bigger t10/501 bought mine off amazon and they've been fine.

Ones I got were :

And

In case it's of any help I changed a few on my forester recently, far as I know impreza etc all use the same ones. Mine was a mix of t5/286 and slightly bigger t10/501 bought mine off amazon and they've been fine.

Ones I got were :

And

appreciate that Krakity.... ed

Np I've spare bulbs if you don't get sorted let me know cheers
thanks for that Ciaran.... what i noticed the last time i took out the speedo for a look was one of the bulbs and the plastic bulb holder was missing from the speedo, tried to get a similar one in parts shops but no joy..... but theres a crashed standard hawkeye in a scrap yard in athlone and ill ask him for a few of the holders, may give me a few bulbs too :D

Meant to reply to this thread. I got the smaller bulbs in Halfords for my WRX cluster. Still trying to find a place to get the 2 bigger bulbs for the speedo and rev counter. I'll put a pic up next of the bulb.

Back