Broadcasting charge

Scoobyturbo

ISDC Club Member
Just read that there changeing the tv licence to a broadcasting charge because rte lost 25million because of people who did not pay last year
New charge is to cover watching tv on your pc/ipad/ps3+smartphones+smart tv's basically anything you can stream on.
How the fu*k does that make sense so i pay 160 last year for a sh*t tv service with overpaid dopes who think there somthing special.
So to fix the problem they will charge every house in the country even if you dont have a tv or computer.bloody madness.
I have upc hd multi room phone and broadband so i should be able to watch whatever i want on any device as im paying for it separate to the tv licence ( not haveing a go at upc there)
If you add this to the tv licence as it is its already costing me a fortune.
Maybe reduce rte staffs massive wages and perks and they will save a crap load of money That they can then invest back into it.
This shits really pissing me off now house tax broadcast tax water tax car tax petrol tax when is it going to end. :angry1:

Sure it wont be long before they slap a tax on you farting!!! Its just another way to screw us again for mistakes made by the fools that run this country!!!!

[quote author=Scouserlad2007 link=topic=32942.msg377285#msg377285 date=1326953559]
Sure it wont be long before they slap a tax on you farting!!! Its just another way to screw us again for mistakes made by the fools that run this country!!!!
[/quote]

Ya I heard theres gonna be a tax on farting.. but its not all bad it'll be based like the water charges you'll get a free allowance and you pay after that :icon_grin:

[quote author=gerry link=topic=32942.msg377287#msg377287 date=1326960032]
[quote author=Scouserlad2007 link=topic=32942.msg377285#msg377285 date=1326953559]
[/quote]

Ya I heard theres gonna be a tax on farting.. but its not all bad it'll be based like the water charges you'll get a free allowance and you pay after that :icon_grin:
[/quote]

How much for a shart?

Seriously though this is a country for fat cats, tax the masses and the cats (pat kenny and co) get fatter

This broadcasting charge will be instead of your TV license.
As long as it is the same price as the current TV license I don't see the problem with it.
I currently pay for a TV license, so it'll make no difference to me financially.

[quote author=Yogi link=topic=32942.msg377304#msg377304 date=1326973222]
As long as it is the same price as the current TV license I don't see the problem with it.
[/quote]

HaHa I don't see that happening.

from what i heard it just seems to be a new name for the tv license , just can get every house to pay now . :icon_rolleyes:

that farting tax may get expensive though , hope its not pay as ya go :ponder2: :shock2: :mooner:

it is instead of the tv licence
just trying to get the people who dont pay a tv licence to have to pay for watching tv true the internet etc.
already in the u.k.

[quote author=Nic Spec C link=topic=32942.msg377425#msg377425 date=1327049834]
If its pay as you go Tommy your fecked :doh: you'll have to get a cat fitted to keep emissions down :grin:
[/quote]

:icon_lol: :icon_lol:

and what would become of you if it came in , :dontknow: cause we all know your full of s*** :icon_grin:

The whole idea is to charge people because they could potentially watch rte online for free. Simple solution is to charge a fee to watch rte online or have a log in system, where you get a login activated when you are registered as having paid the license fee.

To force everyone in the country to pay regardless of whether they have a tv or not is just bullsh!t :thumbsup:

Wont have an effect on people already paying but i do feel for the likes of students in little shitty apartments with a laptop now being forced to pay for it.

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=32942.msg377575#msg377575 date=1327099747]
The whole idea is to charge people because they could potentially watch rte online for free. Simple solution is to charge a fee to watch rte online or have a log in system, where you get a login activated when you are registered as having paid the license fee.

To force everyone in the country to pay regardless of whether they have a tv or not is just bullsh!t :thumbsup:

Wont have an effect on people already paying but i do feel for the likes of students in little shitty apartments with a laptop now being forced to pay for it.
[/quote] I'd imagine the landlord will once again have to step up and take this on the chin. Together with the tenancy board fee 90, second home tax 200, property tax 100

Back