Bridgestone RE070 17inch

Grahamo spec c

ISDC Club Member
Does anybody know if these can be got anymore?
went looking today and the usual spots have no stock.

is there an alternative tyre as good?

They seem to be gone altogether Grahamo. In both 225/45 and 235/45. Can't see them on camskill either anymore. They were there last year, but at €225 a tyre before delivery and fitting, can't really justify it.

The RE002 I think is what was supposed to replace them, but reviews aren't good.

The tyres I found to pop up in the same line was Pilot Cup 2, Super Sport, AD08, A048's, 888's, Dunlop Direzza's etc.

Keeping in mind, when people were saying the AD08's were close enough, they're now on their 3rd revision of the compound. (AD08,AD08R and now AD08RS). The Direzza's are similar enough in that they're on their 3rd or 4th compound I think.

I'm running the AD08RS on my SpecC and have done 2 trackdays. They're a great tyre in all weather for the money considering the performance and mileage you get out of them. Keith ran the AD08R, but they were at the end of their life when I got the car, so I can't really compare them.

I have Michelin Super Sports on the FR which Joe remapped and is putting out 440nm of torque and they're well able for it. They've also a bigger rim protector and they're an XL sidewall so great feel and confidence off them.

You've ran 888's on the track. Do you reckon you could live with them on the road?

Back