Brake Pad question

Hi Guys I find the red stuff a bit spnogey and I dont drive hard so what would you recommend for a better pedal and still be safe I have mintex on the back cheers :thumbsup:

Hawk HPS are supposed to be good, getting a set for mine when needed, also consider changing the brake fluid and brake lines for better feel, ebc redstuff are supposed to be quite good t thought?

I was told that also now Ive being told that you have to get heat into them to get the best out of them I dont know I dont trash the car around that much I might just try standard Subaru brakes :thumbsup:

or you could try greenstuff then maybe, dont get mintex anyway i have them on the front of mine, dusty as hell!

Have redstuff myself, they are fine for the road and if you dont drive hard at all i would just get standard pads. Redstuff wont last on track tho. @johnjoe go for braided lines afaik that will firm up your pedal

My experience with Mintex is that 1155 need a few good stops to get the heat into them before they work. From stone cold in the morning they are useless. Mintex 1144 work better from the off but dont offer as much fade resistance as 1155 on track. Neither of these pads will ever fade on the road. Both squeele badly and produce lots of brake dust but they are reasonably cheap.

Pagid make some really good pads for the Impreza but are very very expensive. The Ferodo DS 2500 is accepted as one of the best aftermarket pads for the Impreza , is 2/3 the cost ofthe OEM Brembo pads and is the one I'd go for. If you are after the best pad and price is not an issue (which I know is not what you asked for but hey if the fit takes ya!) then the Pagid Black - RS4-2-1, which is even more expensive then the OEM Brembo pads on the STI is an exceptional pad.

I put motor factor standard chepo pads on my 280 bhp MY 03 WRX before I sold it in 2007. For the kind of driving you describe they were fine, just so long as you dont expect them to hold up to any kind of hard driving. As always its horses for courses. The more horses you use the better the pad you'll need and with regard to brake pads you get what you pay for so dont expect miracles from cheap pads with extravagant claims.

Frawls

[quote author=FRAWLS link=topic=17059.msg235570#msg235570 date=1257870809]
My experience with Mintex is that 1155 need a few good stops to get the heat into them before they work. From stone cold in the morning they are useless. Mintex 1144 work better from the off but dont offer as much fade resistance as 1155 on track. Neither of these pads will ever fade on the road. Both squeele badly and produce lots of brake dust but they are reasonably cheap.

Pagid make some really good pads for the Impreza and are worth pricing. The Ferodo DS 2500 is accepted as the best pad for the Impreza but is also one of the most expensive.

I put motor factor standard chepo pads on my 280 bhp MY 03 WRX before I sold it in 2007. For the kind of driving you describe they were fine, just so long as you dont expect them to hold up to any kind of hard driving. As always its horses for courses The more horses you use the better the pad you'll need.

Frawls
[/quote]

From my experience of 1155 I would completey agree with that, downright dangerous for road use, track only..on track they are top notch but

Back