Bought a car from the uk. V5 problem

railrun

Sunday Drivers
Hi folks

I bought a lovely wrx from the UK from a dealer called revitupuk. All went well but I still don't have a v5. I bought the car In late September last year. I asked the dealer to use my sisters address in the UK for the change of ownership but I am worried they used my Irish address to do the change of ownership. If that is the case does anyone know how I go about getting the v5 or am I in trouble. Thanks for any help.

You should have gotten the V5 from the dealer as all they have to do is send the end slip to the DVLA to say it’s exported permanently.

Best bet is get your sister to apply for a v5 if she's in the uk at this stage, you won't be able to do anything from here, did dealer say what he done, if is simple change to UK owner (your sisters address) he needs to sort. Although there was huge delays on v5s in uk but that was while back

Hi folks

I bought a lovely wrx from the UK from a dealer called revitupuk. All went well but I still don't have a v5. I bought the car In late September last year. I asked the dealer to use my sisters address in the UK for the change of ownership but I am worried they used my Irish address to do the change of ownership. If that is the case does anyone know how I go about getting the v5 or am I in trouble. Thanks for any help.
They most likely sent the full v5 back to DVLA, which means you will have to get whoever you bought the car from to get a replacement v5. As same thing happened me, DVLA since Brexit don't send v5 outside of UK which is a ball ache and without the v5 you can't vrt it.

Go into done deal car,s section.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240204-183737_DoneDeal.jpg
    Screenshot_20240204-183737_DoneDeal.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 13
Back