Boost solenoid plumbing

Eoinmack

Webmasters
Staff member
ISDC Club Member
Guys, would anyone here have a diagram for the OEM 3 port boost control solenoid for a 96 impreza?
I had one for the newage but it was 2 port, can't remember where I found it
The car has a manual boost controller fitted but this is plumbed through the 3 port which is strange and one of the ports is left open on it, with no hose like.
Any help be mighty 😄

Guys, would anyone here have a diagram for the OEM 3 port boost control solenoid for a 96 impreza?
The car has a manual boost controller fitted but this is plumbed through the 3 port which is strange and one of the ports is left open on it, with no hose like.
Any help be mighty 😄
Could be wrong but I think 1 of them should be left open

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210517-204127_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210517-204127_Chrome.jpg
    647.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Any help be mighty 😄

Strange one alright ,
The open port is where the air bleeds off , the wastegate sees less pressure and in turn stays closed which equals more boost .
Not unusual for it to be left open but on a car with a Maf you need to plumb that open port back into the air intake pipe between the turbo inlet and maf .
Or just remove it and put back to factory as it’s probably not mapped for the extra boost is it ?

Attachments

• 6019393D-8E5C-419D-B2A0-5ED862192D4E.png
    6019393D-8E5C-419D-B2A0-5ED862192D4E.png
    759.1 KB · Views: 11
Thats the thing. Its not getting extra boost, its maxing at 0.5 bar, something is wrong somewhere anyway cause the manual boost controller should (as far as I know) make the OEM 3 port obsolete, so I don't see why they're plumbed together, open to correction here tho. It's a mates car, I suggested just to go back to the 3 port, and to get rid of the manual controller and if he's still not hitting full boost, then there's a problem elsewhere
I thought it had to go back into the inlet alright, it seems to be going to the manual one, that's going to the inlet, and the 3 port is going to the waste gate actuator then.

The maf could be gone. I had 96 jap wrx many moons ago and when the maf went car would not boost over .5 bar, just an idea

Put it back to standard, probably an issue somewhere .
Davelegacy would be familiar with the plumbing and where the restrictor pills go and the sizes etc but would probably need to see the car , could be an issue with the solenoid or actuator and the bleed valve was used as a band aid to mask the issue

Good idea kieran, will pass that on too.

Thats exactly what I suggested he do Barry, go back to the oem set up. But like that, I wanted to double check the plumbing first. I couldn't feel a restrictor pill in the lines either when I was checking it (all silicone so be easy to feel it out) so it may well need a pill too

I'll forward the image you posted above, and we'll take it from there 😃

Back