Boost issues

JayDublin

Committe Members
Staff member
ISDC Club Member
Lads the Legacy seems down on power. Second turbo seems to be coming on later in the rev range than normal and max boost is only at 1.2 bar (was at 1.5). Any ideas what could be causing the problem?

Thanks

Jay from what I hear from the lads that are in the know about thease will usually say some sort if vac hose leak

Start by checking thease I found a tiny spilt in hose on my old foz before was hard to see so give em a good squeeze

Lads that know the cars will be along shortly[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Jay from what I hear from the lads that are in the know about thease will usually say some sort if vac hose leak

Start by checking thease I found a tiny spilt in hose on my old foz before was hard to see so give em a good squeeze

Lads that know the cars will be along shortly[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thanks Ciaran!

Lads the Legacy seems down on power. Second turbo seems to be coming on later in the rev range than normal and max boost is only at 1.2 bar (was at 1.5). Any ideas what could be causing the problem?

Thanks

1.2 bar would be standard enough on a b4

Thanks
0.8bar primary and 1.0bar secondary is standard on that model.

So assume mapped if at 1.5bar or even 1.2bar.

Has anything been fitted like dump valve etc since this problem started.

Or any other engine bay work. Vaccum lines replaced. Manifold removed etc

0.8bar primary and 1.0bar secondary is standard on that model.

So assume mapped if at 1.5bar or even 1.2bar.

Has anything been fitted like dump valve etc since this problem started.

Or any other engine bay work. Vaccum lines replaced. Manifold removed etc
Thanks Dave. I may have been wrong with the boost but it was certainly higher before than it is now. Essentially the second turbo seems to be taking much longer to come on boost leading to a lack of power. Nothing has been modified replaced since last service (6 weeks ago). The issue was literally an overnight thing. The power was there, now it's not. I'll have a look at vac lines tomorrow when I have time. Any other suggestions would be great

Cheers[emoji106]
2c165315286f5cea49c66392b18f3a64.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Back