Bodywork restoration and paintwork

redlad81

Sunday Drivers
Hi lads have finally gotten around to getting back to my 94 wrx wagon have engine out and going for full rebuild but want to get the car tidied u( arches few spots of rust on it Usuall Subaru stuff) as it’s my first ever Impreza 6 later and it still my favourite ! Can anyone on here give any information on places that can do all this work as in back to bare shell treating it any repair work to body then full paint job on it I’m based around Navan area so Leinster preferably and also if anyone got a full respray done what kinda money we talking ? Lads thanks in advance for any info

Doing it the proper way takes time and effort way Too many places out there offering These services But only doing cover up jobs . Having stripped a few cars back to bare metal it can’t be done for 4-500 euros , to do it properly the proper materials cost more than. 3 litres of rust bullet paint 220 euros , upol raptor bed liner 5 litres 250 euros . Remove all the subframes and metal parts and get them powder coated New bushings and bolts cleaned your looking at 4-5k if the shell is solid with a small bit of welding . Paint job your looking at 3-5k for a decent paint job + an engine build it’s going to be an expensive build to be honest for a 94 wagon your looking at 10-15k to do it all right

Scoobysub

What is the bed liner used for on the re-builds? I'm going with a maintenance job on my wagon using the rust bullet, seems like a good job using the silver base and then finish with the blackshell on top.

Thanks

I use it to go over the 3rd coat of rust bullet as another layer of protection and use the tintable one and match the colour of the floor to the colour of the car . As it’s looks a way better job 👍👍

Attachments

• 61C0CD5B-8160-49D8-9574-62473FB2BAD4.jpeg
    61C0CD5B-8160-49D8-9574-62473FB2BAD4.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Doing it the proper way takes time and effort way Too many places out there offering These services But only doing cover up jobs . Having stripped a few cars back to bare metal it can’t be done for 4-500 euros , to do it properly the proper materials cost more than. 3 litres of rust bullet paint 220 euros , upol raptor bed liner 5 litres 250 euros . Remove all the subframes and metal parts and get them powder coated New bushings and bolts cleaned your looking at 4-5k if the shell is solid with a small bit of welding . Paint job your looking at 3-5k for a decent paint job + an engine build it’s going to be an expensive build to be honest for a 94 wagon your looking at 10-15k to do it all right
to be honest what is any car worth to its owner ? i have owned this car over 20 years and i have owned at least 5 other ones that were always fixer uppers and would like to get this one done right . finished i fully realise the amount of time and money it will cost just was asking if anyone on here knew of a good place that could take it on to do it right as i love the wagons and want to do it justice .Could you buy a spotless clean wagon new engine and paintjob for 15k not at the moment i dont think ! but if anyone could recomend a place as while i know where i could get it sprayed properly its the other prep work as described above that makes the difference THANKS

Just stay away from that place in Navan that sandblast cars complete assembled and botch fix rust
MAN HEARING TERRIBLE REPORTS ABOUT THAT PLACE ITS ONLY OUT THERE MAYBE 18 MONTHS AND EVERYONE IS COMPLAINING ABOUT STANDARD OF THEIR WORK

MAN HEARING TERRIBLE REPORTS ABOUT THAT PLACE ITS ONLY OUT THERE MAYBE 18 MONTHS AND EVERYONE IS COMPLAINING ABOUT STANDARD OF THEIR WORK
They are destroying cars...how you can sandblast a car fully intact (grit and rubber seals / bearings etc ... lovely) and then lash aload of black undercoat over everything and call it job done, disgrace , ive seen cars they have destroyed

Its shocking to think someone thinks blasting an intact car is a good plan. I do a small bit of glass blasting for timber projects and metal prep and the stuff goes everywhere and can do serious damage. I mean I wont strip my car fully before giving it treatment but I'm going to hand prep it with wire wheels and brushes and then treat it once prepped correctly. Maybe in 5 years if I still have her Ill strip it, rebush and powder coat but thats a bit off yet, my yokes a brand new 2004 car, she is way too young for that work yet!! :D

They are destroying cars...how you can sandblast a car fully intact (grit and rubber seals / bearings etc ... lovely) and then lash aload of black undercoat over everything and call it job done, disgrace , ive seen cars they have destroyed
ye was asking about that place at weekend one of my mates took a camper to them got a bad vibe off them and left got talking to another camper owner and he has them up in court

Paint it’s a personal choice .. Iv seem very good paint jobs for 3k and bad ones for 5k . . Who ever you go with look at a job they done ask that price and see are you happy . . Is the best advice I can give .

2 lads down New Ross direction if you wanr ro try them

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211026-210805_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20211026-210805_Google.jpg
    536.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20211026-210704_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20211026-210704_Google.jpg
    502 KB · Views: 11
Back