bmw 520d info...

JOHNNY T

ISDC Club Member
anybody got any info on the 2007 model bmw 520d, are they a good or a bad buy ....

i'm sure you know but stretch to an 08 and save yourself over €400/year on road tax

good buy mate,just make sure it has the efficient dynamics engine in it,i have an 08 model and love it.

They are so good i bought two of them a '06 and a '09. I prefered the driving experience of the '06. The '09 has fly by wire everything even indicators and full beams which gets annoying if you dont press them exactly right(Careful and deliberately). The older one you could just flick the lever and not think about it. Efficient dynamics came in '08 and power rose from 165bhp tp 177bhp. Both mine were automatics and got 48mpg all day long without sparing it. I got 30000km between services also. It is condition based servicing so the harder you drive or short spins, the more service it needs. Tax on the newer one was 304euro pre budget. Avoid runflats for better ride and handling. They make a huge difference and are 100euro more to replace than standard tyres. I drove the manual and hated the 6 speed gearbox. 1st gear barely gets you moving and you need to change up straight away. My advice is get dark leather interior, automatic and lots of gadgets. It will sell easier after than cloth and manual box.

just make sure you get the car thoroughly checked out they are a great car ar said but the turbo is giving problems on them engines it has an electronic actuator

test drove the manual and auto today, both lovely cars to drive but i dont think i could get used to driving the auto.....

Fuel pumps and injectors and the fuel filter hiddden under the passenger foot well (underneath of course). Good advise about the Sport depending on where you commute of course. Standard suspension is silky smooth on bad roads. As above - really consider the auto. :thumbsup:

one of my mates had an 07 520d and loved it, he is now moving to an 09 520d. he said its by far the best car he has ever owned and hes owned some nice cars ,evo's, skyline, scooby, dc5, st220 just to name a few. id go for a manual i just dont like the feeling of the car doing all the work i prefered to be involved in the driving of the car. anyway best of luck with your search :thumbsup:

cheers for all the info lads :thumbsup:

goin the drive both cars again 2mw and make up my mind over the weekend.....

well i went for the manual, couldnt get used to the automatic,
2006 75k gun metal grey ,sat nav dvd and another few gadgets....
picking it up at the end of the week after its serviced and 1 or 2 stones chips are sorted on the front bumper.....

Back