Blobeye stereo wiring causing no start

Jegor

a have a aftermarket stereo that was put in before me and I am trying to wire a subwoofer. All wiring for the subwoofer is good. the wiring done has a white wire and blue wire and the subwoofer remote wire connected together. As this makes no sense and the Subwoofer isn't turning on with ignition I disconnected it and put the remote wire onto the REM wire coming out of the stereo.

That causes the car not to start and the subwoofer still doesn't turn on, could anyone that understands Subaru wiring help me understand why this is happening. I am thinking it is something with immobilizer but not sure.

The white wire you disconnected , was that powering an alarm or what it it powering ?
Have you checked the main fuse

The white wire you disconnected , was that powering an alarm or what it it powering ?
Have you checked the main fuse
the white wire in the car is 12v to the radio but whatever cutting and splicing the previous owner done that is no longer the case, I had connected it all back to the way it was and the car started and now I have put in a proper iso adapter into the car.

but my original problem persists that I can't get my subwoofer to turn on, and connecting it to the switched 12v going to the radio stops the car working. And all fuses and relays are perfect

Sound like wiring or battery issue

Can you loop a piece of cable at the Amps 12volt connection and the remote connection see does the amp turn on with no ignition?
What’s your voltage at the amp ?

Where is the amp wired to?

if I connect the remote wire to the constant 12v at the amp it will turn on, I'm getting 12v on the constant but less than that on remote and sometimes nothing at all.
it's connected directly to battery and a ground under the seat

Try take a 12volt feed from somewhere else that only powers up on ignition lights see does it work , cigarette lighter of something, it’s only a switch wire so very little current draw

Try take a 12volt feed from somewhere else that only powers up on ignition lights see does it work , cigarette lighter of something, it’s only a switch wire so very little current draw
yep 👍 will try that next, I know the cigarette lighter one is good as I have foot well lights hard wired into it and it works flawlessly.

I would just use it as a test and then put a relay In after
so I had connected it like that and now the car works good and the remote is getting good voltage but as soon as I connect the remote wire to the sub the voltage on the wire drops to 3 and sub still doesn't turn on🤔

Can you post a photo of the ground wiring at the amp ? Something not right with the wiring or is the amp broken ? It’s not the cars fault anyway

Back