Blobeye grille

doggy

My grille has seen better days so I want to respray it. Was there an OEM grey colour on these or is this due to UV damage and fading? If it was grey, does anyone have a colour code?

Thanks
f9e96887214c42d43959335ced0655c9.jpg

10807621d77d34928c088a87aa6666c8.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gloss black or Anthracite grey would make it look a lot more modern if not going oem.

If not, cheaper to buy a used one in better condition [emoji4]

Subaru Impreza Wrx SL Wagon 2004
#hmblwgn
www.instagram.com/hhphoto7

Good shout, might try treating it first with a trim restorer and take it from there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think its too far gone for trim restorer tbh.
I would save the time and money and get a paint can. If you wanted to stick with the grey, check the Halfords car paint cans (the matched ones) and see if you can find a grey that suits you. You wont need any clear coat on that unless you want the super gloss finish. If black, the halfords own brand blacks are decent to use. Make sure to sand a bit with 2000/2500 gritt sand paper and possibly use a plastic primer for best result.

I think its too far gone for trim restorer tbh.
I would save the time and money and get a paint can. If you wanted to stick with the grey, check the Halfords car paint cans (the matched ones) and see if you can find a grey that suits you. You wont need any clear coat on that unless you want the super gloss finish. If black, the halfords own brand blacks are decent to use. Make sure to sand a bit with 2000/2500 gritt sand paper and possibly use a plastic primer for best result.

Agree, resprsyed mine ladt year gloss black, sand down, primer, gloss black and lacquer finish . 20 euro all in,

Attachments

• 20200411_222649.jpg
    20200411_222649.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 36
Yeah, what you'll get with the trim restoration is the whole piece will be the same percentage darker, those little faded sections at the front will still be faded, albeit darker than before... If you know what I mean lol

I'd spray em, it's on my list to do also, I just don't like the grey ????

Back