Black Ops

360 Advantages:
-Estimated 7,000 more live users over PSN
-Achievement points can be used to get stuff such as games (Trophies havn't received a purpose, YET!)
-Cost less (at first).
-Free Mic
-More free down loadable content

360 Disadvantages:
-Cost for online play
-Lacks blue ray player
-hard ware failure (red ring of death, disk scratches, and system over heatings)
-Lower Graphics (nothing really to noticeable at the time)
-No web Browser
-Cost to just to get wifi
-You need to download patch to watch HD DvDs
-The system is quite loud
-Bad Tech support
-Non-Chargable controller (unless component bought)
-Can't install games to HD
-Can't listen to music in game (might have changed)
-Will be replaced sooner by a more up-to-date xbox that stands with the ps3 complexity
-Less console only games coming out in this year coming
-Comes with free Mic.

PS3 Advantages:
-Free online
-Better graphics (Once again slightly noticable)
-Blue-Ray player
-No system hardware problems known to date
-Has a web browser ( can use Youtube, myspace, and etc.)
-Free built in wifi
-The PS3 is Silent!
-Chargeable controller
-Great tech support (better the microsofts)
-Can install games to HD
-can listen to music in game
-Ps3 will last longer (due to it complex cell processor)
-More games coming out in future for the console

Ps3 Disadvantages:
-The Cost
-Less PSN users (appx. 7k less)
-Complex system
-Blue ray disks cost more
-Dosnt come with a Mic. {you cant buy any old Blue tooth mic for $20 to use with it)

PS3 Summary:
As of right now PS3 is a quieter, more reliable system, that cost more at first, but is lacking some of the great 360 only games and online user community. But due to it reliability and complexity will last longer and save you money in the long haul.

XBOX 360 Summary:
The 360 is a great cheap system that has great games and a great online community. But due to its hardware problems, cost to play online, and just a cost to use wifi makes it victim to PS3's more expensive but cheaper all around system.

Note:
It all boils down to which games you want to play and what games your looking to get outta your system do with it.

Good right up. Few corrections needed though:
U can listen to ur music in game.
U can install game to hard drive
Hardware failure more common than ps3 but still failures on first Gen ps3 consoles.
Red ring of death covered under 3 year extended warranty and free to get fixed. Console back within 2 weeks. Ps3 service has been similar experience
Certain online browsing such as links to Facebook twitter and netflixs accounts
Rechargeable battery kit costs 15 euro. Longer charge cable than ps3

u shouldn't play games over wireless unless u want to get ur ass kicked because of the lag. Wired connection recommended for online play. My dad has ps3 slim and no wifi adapter on it unless

Can't think of anything else at the moment!

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=23728.msg283439#msg283439 date=1274569097]
Good right up. Few corrections needed though:
U can listen to ur music in game.
U can install game to hard drive
Hardware failure more common than ps3 but still failures on first Gen ps3 consoles.
Red ring of death covered under 3 year extended warranty and free to get fixed. Console back within 2 weeks. Ps3 service has been similar experience
Certain online browsing such as links to Facebook twitter and netflixs accounts
Rechargeable battery kit costs 15 euro. Longer charge cable than ps3

u shouldn't play games over wireless unless u want to get ur ass kicked because of the lag. Wired connection recommended for online play. My dad has ps3 slim and no wifi adapter on it unless

Can't think of anything else at the moment!

[/quote]

I have the 1st Gen PS3 60GB no failures at all to date (And its backwards compatible with ANY PS1 & PS2 games)
any USB - Mini USB cable can be used to charge the controllers, so longer cable consts less than €5 (I've never needed one)
PS3 slim is totally different system and designed t compete with the "cheap" X Box

And as I said before the X Box HD can't be swapped for any 2.5" laptop HD like in the PS3, I know you said about USB HD can be plugged in but the data transfer rates are a lot slower with USB, PS3 also supports any USB HD

so your still playing your old PS1/PS2 games Phil? move on!!!

not sure what you mean about swapping the hard drive though. 360 comes with 120gb hard drive, which is over kill for a console as i think the max i have ever used is about 50gb. if you really want you can put a larger 2.5 " hard drive in the xbox hard drive case. or if you go to gamestop and trade in your 120gb hard drive they will give you 250gb hard drive for about 40 euro in the difference. you can buy an xbox these days for 140 euro new.

interesting to see what the new one is priced at

so id say to sum it up the xbox offers better online gaming, you do need to pay for that but at the cost of less than half of your average game its well worth it. ps3 has the better hardware but difference is not very noticeable

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=23728.msg283451#msg283451 date=1274572721]
so your still playing your old PS1/PS2 games Phil? move on!!!

not sure what you mean about swapping the hard drive though. 360 comes with 120gb hard drive, which is over kill for a console as i think the max i have ever used is about 50gb. if you really want you can put a larger 2.5 " hard drive in the xbox hard drive case. or if you go to gamestop and trade in your 120gb hard drive they will give you 250gb hard drive for about 40 euro in the difference. you can buy an xbox these days for 140 euro new.

interesting to see what the new one is priced at

so id say to sum it up the xbox offers better online gaming, you do need to pay for that but at the cost of less than half of your average game its well worth it. ps3 has the better hardware but difference is not very noticeable
[/quote]

There are some games like Isle of Man TT Superbikes that are still very good and only released for PS2, Its probably the only PS2 game i still have but the point that you seemed to have missed is that I have the option to play any Playstation game I want to, can you say the same? :whistle:

Maybe you've only ever used 50GB because your game discs aren't Blueray :icon_grin: If your storing games and music etc on the HD then you can easily use more than that. Opening the Xbox HD case Voids your warranty but changing the PS3 HD doesn't. I can also buy a 250GB (or bigger if i fancy it) 2.5" HD for €40 from Komplett or anywhere else.

You may not notice the difference in the PS3's more powerful graphics and processing power but I do notice a serious difference in reliability :icon_nana:

hard drive on xbox isnt in the console its on the top and can be easily upgraded without voiding warranty, i have 500gb in mine. u can also play old xbox games on 360, not every game is compatible but majority of popular ones were. when u copy game to hard drive its actually less than 2gb in size on 360, so 120gb is more than enough as standard.

ps3 is bit more reliable alright but xbox is easily fixed if it breaks.

my elite died 2 years ago got fixed and returned within 2 weeks and has been fine every since.

we can take it that dan likes xbox and phil likes ps3!

i have had both and sold ps3 because i preferred xbox so each to their own i suppose! :dance:

iv two 1st gen ps3s, 60g and an 80g. bought the 60 and won the 80.
i prefer the 60 cos it has the little extras.
but bout failed after a year or so, lucky herselfs sister used to work for sony and got new ones after the warrenty was up.

its that controller i hate, dont think id cud get used to it.
sure if the frooker in the shop last xmas would have dropped 20 quid, iit hooked up aswell.

jez dan copy and paste is great, i didnt do that write up at all, do you see all the punctuation and caps in it. :lol:

Back