Big thanks to Sti tuning and Bob Rawle.

funnyclub

Middle Lane Hogs
Lads had my car remapped today by Bob Rawle through dave legacy of Sti Tuning.
The car was previously mapped by another tuner but due to me now using E5 and half a bottle of Nf octane booster per tank of fuel I wanted it remapped to get the most from my car.

Incase anyone doesnt know my car is a 2006 Sti Spec-C V-Limited with a drop in K&N air filter and a full miltek exhaust.
Anyway Bob got to work setting everything up connect up his det cans to listen for engine knock fitting a boost gauge to watch the boost and a lamda sensor in the exhaust with lamda gauge on the dash also.

With everything connected of we set off I let Dave drive as he was more familiar with the roads. And after a few runs the car was mapped.
We were then able to do some on the road power runs and Bob has software on his laptop for working out you power and torque by inputting settings such as gear ratios, tyre and wheel size etc.
We did 3 pulls in 4th gear and Bob was able to tell me my car was making roughly 355bhp and 370ft pounds of torque.
He said the fuelling was very good and told me 15 to 20 bhp with similar torque gains could be gained by fitting a induction kit. He recommended the Roger Clarke 80mm induction kit.

I dont know if I will bother fitting the induction kit as I like the car the way it is(stock like).
There were also some other members that got some good results they will probably be on.
Good news for legacy owners as Bob as alot of experience mapping them and did my mate Eli's today with no issues.

Compared to before my car feels more torqy for sure and seems to also be smoother I am well happy.

Thanks to Dave for fitting me in at late notice and Bob for his awesome mapping :subaru:

[quote author=scoobyke link=topic=4632.msg49334#msg49334 date=1197821526]
Nice one,good ta hear some good news,id say ya had a smile all the way home.... :D :D :thumbsup: :subaru: :subaru:
[/quote]

I did indeed lol.

Hello Paul,

Its great to see your remap for fuel with Bob Rawle & STI Tuning done the Job  :thumbsup:

You can really use the full potential of the car now with the E5 & NF  :thumbsup:

Enjoy  :subaru:

Cheers,

Michael

I'm glad to hear it all went so well funnyclub! I had the same experiance with STI Tuning and Bob rawle! :clap: :clap:
I was afraid of getting an induction kit myself because of the noise but Davelegacy recomended, supplied and fitted the APS (in the wing system) and that's noticable but not intrusive! I'm very happy with it! :thumbsup: :clap:
Maybe worth thinking about if you are getting anything else done!
Dan

Back