BIG BIG problem lads . some advice needed.

stewy sti

Middle Lane Hogs
Right lads , here is my problem . I bought a jeep last october and having problems ever since with it . I bought it
out of a garage which im not going to mention. After the first week there was a problem with the gearbox which they said they would fix . Idropped it down with them and they said they would sort it and they gave me a car while my jeep was in the garage. A couple of days passed and they rang to say it was ready and i went too meet them to collect my jeep. IT drove alright for a few miles and then got worse as in rattles and vibrations. i rang them and they came to collect it and brought it of to fix it again. another few days passed and they rang to pass it was fixed and to meet them . Now at this stage i was really pissed off. As i walked up to the jeep i could hear the rattling coming from it worse than ever . I drove it less than 300m and said to him can you no hear or feel the vibrations. Now this fella is after driving 2 hours to deliver it to me . So he set of again to fix the jeep . At that stage i said i didnt want it anymore but he said he would leave it right. another few days passed and i got the call that ne would drop the jeep up to me . So when he landed it drove fine and everyone was happy. just before the warrenty ran out i reported that the crank seal needed replacing as it was leeking oil. IM still waiting on them to get back to me cause the boss is never in when i ring. Im still waiting on him to call back . I have asked for receipts for all this work and havent got any after many calls . And guess what the rattling has come back in the back end again. since the warrenty has run out i have had to replace two back brake calipers and now recondition the alternator . AND AND IT STILL GETS WORSE. I had a panel beater mate out and he told me that the side was hit and painted . And when I asked the sales man was it ever crashed or painted he told me 'NO' .

Thats my story lads , so im just wondering do i have a case on getting my money back of them.
Its causing a big headache at the min

I should have bought the scooby.

thanks in advance lads . all advice is grateful . I will be getting legal advice tomorrow on it.
Just wanted to get your views on it .
thanks lads .

if possible , make model of jeep and year

to me , the fact that your buddy knew it was "hit and rpaired " tells me that somebody at the garage also knew as it had to be inspected when they were takin it in . and the salesman is in breach telling you it wasnt . maybe the tip is related to the rattles/vibrations and a quick fix was tried a couple of times . id be askin what caused these problems and how was it fixed/sorted .

Sounds like a nightmare :wall:

You can go the legal route but I suppose it depends on the purchase price of the jeep & the price you might get to offload it now. Weigh up which is potentially cheaper.

Not a nissan x-trail by any chance is it?

yea sorry it is a o4 pajero.
and its the quick fix till the warrenty ran out is what is worrying me now.

small claims court!!!
think you have to give the seller some courtesy and allow him to get it fixed but by now if it was mine.... :new_2gunsfiring_v1: :new_2gunsfiring_v1:
no point dealing with this guy who is obviously avoiding you now.

get some advice of the consumer rights organisation , they will advise you of the best route to take , id imagine an engineers report is needed to determine what the history of the jeep is , mate of mine had simular issues with a van he bought but even though the warrenty was out the garage had to buy the van back ,

cheers lads for that .
just trying to see the out come if any of ye guys went through simular.
the goodness is gone out of it and begining not to like the jeep because of the hassel that comes with it .

cheers :thumbsup:

Suprising how a solicitors letter could waken them up and get you a reply

Back