Beware of Irish Water barriers on footpaths.

Killiano92

Petrolheads
Went home to visit the parents last Sunday, came out Monday morning and Irish water were installing meters outside the house. Windy day and they didn't weigh down the barriers they had up so they were blowing up against the car they also splattered the side in cement which I didn't see at the time. Went out and fucked the barriers across the road in a bit of a rage as there was no workers to be seen. Looked out the window a while later they had put them back up and they had fallen against the car again. I moved the car out of the way and was waiting to see some of the workers but no sign. Now I haven't been out protesting and I know they're only doing their job but fu*k me like how hard is it to knock on the door and tip people off to move the car or at least fix the barriers in place. Washed her yesterday to see scratches and cement on the side of the car. Managed to pick off most of the cement but left some on to take photos. If ye have the cars on the road just be wary cos they clearly have no respect for people's property. Not tarring them all but there was no cop on with these lads. Rant over.
838bb1130fe2dfd469ff97bf763402a2.jpg
92577b402a827b185038c79c04680c12.jpg
adc1114ac12ac67b9d72f059379bc6ad.jpg
5049fa78afcf0e4d6db2f4dd8d4a5322.jpg
45ebea57f26171255293ff554a034c7d.jpg
d5f20fc74d1a844a4773af3502d29ed6.jpg

Few people were saying I should get onto them but what would I get out of it? Would it be worth my while? It was murphys were doing it. The van was a blur going past couldn't get any details. I think it's the same company doing all the work. From what I've seen anyway

send the photos on to them and document everything
dont let them off with it
mate of mine got compensated by luas workers when his car was splatered with concrete
cost of getting the concrete removed
i think they will cough up
its only right if they do
fookin disgrace to see that happen
at least try and be compensated for what happened your car at no fault of yours
your entitled to have your property free from damage from any private comapny carrying out work
its fairly straight forward to me you even have photos
hope you get sorted

this might help to find a number or e mail to start correspondence

4. How to make a complaint
If a customer is unhappy with any service or contact with us, please let us know and we will do
our best to rectify things as quickly as possible. Complaints can be registered with us in any of
the following ways:
- Post: Irish Water, PO Box 860, South City Delivery Office, Cork City.
- Phone: 1890 278 278 (International: (00 353) 1 707 2828) Irish Water Business Code of Practice
September 30, 2014
- Email: business@water.ie
- Twitter: @IrishWater
Irish Water will also accept complaints from a recognised agency or third party who are
confirmed as acting on the customer’s behalf.
5. How we will handle your complaint
Step 1
If customers contact us, our aim is to resolve the problem immediately if possible. Irish Water or
our agents will contact the customer within 5 working days with a resolution or an outline plan of
the steps required to achieve a resolution, under normal conditions.
If a site visit is required, Irish Water or our agents will arrange this within a reasonable
timeframe.
In all cases, the customer service agent will record the customer’s telephone number and
contact details, log a summary of the complaint, and provide their name as a future point of
contact. Where a customer engages with Irish Water, a final answer will issue to the customer
within 2 months from when they registered the complaint.
Step 2
In the event that you are not happy with our response to a complaint or the way it was handled,
you may request the decision be escalated and reviewed or you may write to:
Customer Services Manager,
Irish Water,
PO Box 860,
South City Delivery Office, Irish Water Business Code of Practice
September 30, 2014
Cork City.
Or Email business@water.ie
The decision will be reviewed and a final response issued to the customer within 10 working
days.
Step 3
If, following the review, a customer remains dissatisfied with the outcome, Irish Water will refer
the customer to our code of practice on complaint handling, and we will refer the customer’s
complaint to the Commission for Energy Regulation or Environmental Protection Agency.
The Commission for Energy Regulation may be contacted if the unresolved complaint is that
Irish Water did not comply with the terms of a code of practice, in accordance with the Voluntary
Dispute Resolution Working Practice between the Commission for Energy Regulation and Irish
Water.
The office of the Commission for Energy Regulation can be contacted by the following means:
Energy Customers Team
The Commission for Energy Regulation
PO Box 11934
Dublin 24
Tel: 1890 404 404
Fax: 01 4000 850
Email: energycustomers@cer.ie
Web: www.energycustomers.ie
If the unresolved complaint is in relation to water quality or pollution incidents, the appropriate
body is the Environmental Protection Agency.
The Environmental Protection Agency can be contacted by the following means:
Environmental Protection Agency PO Box 3000
Johnstown Castle EstateIrish Water Business Code of Practice
September 30, 2014
Wexford
053-916 0600
Web: http://www.epa.ie/enforcement/report
We value feedback from our customers and are keen to hear suggestions about how we can
improve our service.
We regularly carry out surveys to measure customer satisfaction, so the customer may receive
a phone call or questionnaire after we have dealt with their complaint.

Aww man that sucks! I'd be absolutely sickened.

Well you have photo evidence, might be worth a shot. Talk to a
Local solicitor first.

We have problems with them cutting our lines and we bill them for any damage caused and the cost of installing new lines, ive no problem with irish water contractors doing their job, just take and keep all of the pictures of the damage and that it was there equipment that did it, send it to irish water with yur details and tell themuyou want your property repaired to your satisfaction. Go straight to irish water and let them deal with the contractors,

Cheers lads. Thanks for that comprehensive guide colm I'll Defo get onto them. I've dates and photos Im only sorry I didn't take more or not clean off some of the cement. At the very least it might prevent others having the same experience. Only thing I'm worried about is them coming back to me as there is other marks on the car (it is 15 years old after all) and say well couldn't the marks Im complaining about have been there already

I would defo be looking for my car to sorted out, doesn't matter who the company is they can treat people's property with such dis regard

Well, u get nothing if u dont ask... If you ask, you might get something
Sent from Nokia Lumia 930 using Tapatalk

Back