i thought somebody said the rears of wagons where different
best to buy new with coil overs id say too
at least they will fit and not be leaking etc

[quote author=SCOOBYCOLM link=topic=44151.msg509519#msg509519 date=1425598082]
i thought somebody said the rears of wagons where different
best to buy new with coil overs id say too
at least they will fit and not be leaking etc
[/quote]

That was my main worry, I heard the saloon v wagon give slightly different camber, sure Gordon has a set of wagon shocks for me, don't really need anything fancy as the misses is driving the wagon, I just want to have it right for everyday normal driving & school runs

thanks

Dan

So, I do not know how is it with Coilovers, but lowering springs from before hawkeyes were not transferable between Sedan and Wagons. Hawkeye's did have however same struts, so the springs fit spot on.

[quote author=Zheiko link=topic=44151.msg509578#msg509578 date=1425648398]
So, I do not know how is it with Coilovers, but lowering springs from before hawkeyes were not transferable between Sedan and Wagons. Hawkeye's did have however same struts, so the springs fit spot on.
[/quote]

I have read so many different views so Going to play it safe and just buy a second hand pair of standard shocks as I think it will be less of a headache ! Not after anything fancy just safe and NCT passable ..

Cheers for the heads up Dec, if it was for myself I would probably go down the eibach/kyb route as suggested by Dave, but the wife has taken a liking to the wagon so a set of standard wrx would do for school runs etc as that is all it does, no spirited driving at all, so Im just looking for as cheap as possible as my 2 rears are blown.

[quote author=Zheiko link=topic=44151.msg509758#msg509758 date=1425728474]
by the way, NCT is passable even with leaking shocks:D :falldownlaugh:
[/quote]

Not if the tester sees the leak..

[quote author=Zheiko link=topic=44151.msg509758#msg509758 date=1425728474]
by the way, NCT is passable even with leaking shocks:D :falldownlaugh:
[/quote]

Leaking or not mine have a massive imbalance so they must go, anyway I got sorted today with some cheap and cheerfuls

Back