Audi A4 1.8t mapping

DaveSleggy

How's it going lads,

Just wondering if any audi heads on here that might know about the potential from these cars, 02-04 a4 have the same engine as the TTs and they have 225bhp so I'm assuming there's room for improvement.

But I could be wrong or it could be way to expensive and not worth it.

I just thought with a couple of grand you might be able to have a nice little mover especially if you could pick a quattro one up.

Any help or opinions or advice would be appreciated.

Best to go on VAGdrivers to get very specific advice...

Typically:
From 180 you can go to 225 without major outlays (simple off the shelf remap)
From 225 you can go to 265 without major outlays (simple off the shelf remap)

Above 265 you are talking about at least a different exhaust and custom map to get the most out of it.

You can see about 320 before major engine work, but would need a different turbo and injectors (as well as the high flow exhaust). Know a guy in Holland who ran a 320bhp / 400Nm S3 for years. No major engine work, but did have different fuel pump, injectors, turbo and exhaust... and was running RON98 fuel.

Engine is fairly strong and det resistant - biggest issue is black crud due to design and a very good service history (with services more regularly than scheduled) is key!

[quote author=Keadeen link=topic=44309.msg511781#msg511781 date=1427193880]
Best to go on VAGdrivers to get very specific advice...

Typically:
From 180 you can go to 225 without major outlays (simple off the shelf remap)
From 225 you can go to 265 without major outlays (simple off the shelf remap)

Above 265 you are talking about at least a different exhaust and custom map to get the most out of it.

You can see about 320 before major engine work, but would need a different turbo and injectors (as well as the high flow exhaust). Know a guy in Holland who ran a 320bhp / 400Nm S3 for years. No major engine work, but did have different fuel pump, injectors, turbo and exhaust... and was running RON98 fuel.

Engine is fairly strong and det resistant - biggest issue is black crud due to design and a very good service history (with services more regularly than scheduled) is key!
[/quote]

yea, those little A4 quattros got nice potential... was really tempted to buy one, but insurance was way higher than the impreza I have now

It sounds like there's a bit of potential in them alright plus it would be nice to make a show of the boo boys in there tdi sh*t boxes ha

Insurance on the A4s is really low I find and anything with a scooby badge is insane for me 28yo 2 years NCB 3pp

Joe Power. Can map in launch control and anti lag on the standard ecu. Air filter and plugs you're looking at 220. Upgrade turbo, exhaust and fuel pump and 280 is easy.

To reiterate what Zheiko said above. I was with Liberty on my classic sti and paying 1500 a year. Swapped to an A6 1.8T Quattro and they wanted the same money on renewal.

Switched to the AA and got it for under €700.

Jesus anti lag on an A4 that would be something ha I'd love to hear what it would sound like with a nice exhaust setup.

Back