ATTN: Forum Only Members - Full Membership Query

i would presume i speak for every member in sayin that nobody on here would judge anyones car everybody has the car they have because its what they can afford. my car is close to standard is ten years old and has a ball of mileage on it and nobody has ever said anything negative to me its a drivers club for people who are fans of subaru :subaru:,its not who has the best car competition ,we welcome all models in the subaru range let that be a 600 bhp s204 impreza to a 600cc vivio and everything in between we also love to meet new people at meets ,a meet is how i joined back in 2007 and its the freinds iv made and the events iv attended,and the advice and banter on the forum that keep me in the club,, so bevan dont let not havin the prettiest car stop you enjoying the club it is much more than that man

@andyc i think a forum membership like you are suggesting could work if thats what people want, but it works out at less than 1 euro a week for full membership not exactly robbery considering what ya get back, and if like other lads have suggested that we get volunteers to be area rep and run local meets in there areas it will be a lot easier for lads to get to events because we run carpooling to events from these local areas that can cut costs alot

personaly the members fee doesnt bother me,its not breaking the bank.

i find it hard to get off to meets in the evening,espically with work these days.

im all for having more meets local to or provence,as mentioned with having reps
in their areas to organise monthly meets,and bit of banter

[quote author=bevan link=topic=32236.msg369696#msg369696 date=1321206361]
I hope to join in 2012. I suppose for myself the main factor is with saving for a wedding etc the cars taken a back seat in terms of improvements and i find it slow and standard compared to most of the club members cars, and to other imprezas i've had. I've been trying to put aside cash for a remap and brembos since i bought the car a year and a half ago

I know a club environment isnt about whose car is best, who has what parts but i would imagine more than just myself would feel there car isnt to a standard to bring to meets, and i dont know how active the members section of the site is to justify membership alone.
[/quote]

I do hope you do decide to join mate :thumbsup: ... You should not let any of what you mentioned put you off, we are not that type of club. There are always loads of different types of cars at the meets, from bog standard to highly modified, 1.6 to 2.5L engines. All types of Subaru are most welcome :subaru:

If you are worried about the cost of travelling to events further afield, then we also do car sharing so that the cost of the travel is split between 3 or 4 members :thumbsup:

[quote author=mynameismud link=topic=32236.msg369708#msg369708 date=1321212629]
Thanks for all the info lads. Will seriously consider 2012 membership.
[/quote]

Good stuff :thumbsup: .. Thanks for speaking up, its shown we need to advertise a bit better in order to show people what the benefits of full membership actually are :hammerhead:

I've no problem with the fee when I can afford it, but with college fees etc it's just been tough to spare €50 at times over the last year. In the 2 years were I was a paid member, I saved loads across different events. I plan on getting full membership again soon.

the 50 euro fee should stay the same, if the fee is dropped to 40 0r 30 whos to say that more people will join up.....
being honest if people wanted to join as a full member they would have done it by now....

Definitely going to try and attend some meets next year and will be taking full membership. :subaru:

Looking forward mostly to getting stickers, havent met one scoob with club stickers in wexford yet. Very few classics about down here.

what part of wexford r u from? and what colour scooby do u drive? im from wexford near gorey i drive a black 2004 sti type uk prodrive.. we should organise a meet down here maybe :icon_headbang:

[quote author=scoobysti link=topic=32236.msg369798#msg369798 date=1321298383]
what part of wexford r u from? and what colour scooby do u drive? im from wexford near gorey i drive a black 2004 sti type uk prodrive.. we should organise a meet down here maybe :icon_headbang:
[/quote]

Do i smell a volunteer for South-East event organiser?? :ponder: :icon_lol:

Definitely i will help you organise scooby sti if needed. Im working in Enniscorthy, and living in wexford, drive a ,96 blue Sti type ra v ltd.

Anyone any interested in a meet in just outside Tullow in Co Carlow could use Casey's yard numbers allowing, they also run a drag strip. I'm admin on ae86irl we had two meets there so far huge yard for park up ( or autotest, or drifting etc) and pics, and a chip wagon, toilets etc on site

Or a mate of mine had a pub near enniscorthy with car park, decent carvery etc.

Hello Lads & Ladies,

Some great feed back above :subaru:

@ Bevan - As the other lads & ladies have said, the Club Welcomes all members & their Cars wither full or not :thumbsup:

The committee will consider all of the above posts & take them into consideration going forward into 2012 :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael

Sorry to bring up an old-ish thread but I haven't been on here much since the virus incident a few months back, and I think I have some relevant feedback.
As a Vivio owner, I don't feel the club/forum has as much to offer as it would to the owners of Imprezas, Foresters and Legacys. I understand that if there were more Vivio owners on here that there would be more shared information relevant to me and I would see it as a more worthwhile resource, but with the lack of Vivios on the road these days, I don't see it becoming that way.

Last year, I spent almost €400 on genuine Subaru parts and the 10% discount I would have saved if I had been a club member at that time would almost have made the cost of membership worthwhile, but I hope not to be spending that much on parts every year and a recent issue I've had with the parts supplier and Subaru Ireland has made it more likely that I'll be buying spurious parts in future anyway.

I hope this feedback helps and doesn't come across as criticism of the club or forums, it's just intended to explain why, as a Vivio owner, I'm discouraged from spending the €50 (3 months motor tax) on full club membership.

Thanks for the feedback scrappy :thumbsup:

I suppose you are right, there's not a lot of info on the forum regarding vivio's but thats purely because you are quite possibly the only vivio owner on the forum. There are probably a lot of similarities between the models so you should never shy away from posting up a technical query if you have one because even if people can't tell you exactly what is wrong, they'll more than likely point you in the right direction :thumbsup:

But the fact that you are probably the only Vivio owner on the site should not put you off becoming a full member either. All models of Subaru are welcome to our events and if you join up and take part in events then you will get back more than your moneys worth in subsidies throughout the year. We even have the option of a half year's membersip this year if you wanted to get a feel for the club over the first few months of 2012. Have a look here and you can see some of the benefits of full membership which I have outlined :thumbsup: : http://isdc.ie/discussion/index.php?topic=32521.0

Back