ASH Animal Rescue 2015 Autumn Fayre Fundraiser -

Keadeen

OPEN SECTION OF THE FORUM (I will post this again in the members only section too if full members want to reply to the thread, or ask questions not visible to all)

Dear ISDC community,

PLEASE SEE TWO REQUEST BELOW

As a lot of you know my parents run ASH Animal Rescue in Co. Wicklow. Ash Logo_small.jpg

ASH is one of the largest animal sanctuaries in Ireland.
It is privately run and i
t costs about €180,000 per year to run the centrein its current format. The Department of Agriculture has kindly given us a grant of €20,000 this year.This means we still have to raise a staggering €160,000 to keep saving lives of straying and unwanted animals. Keep in mind, this is only operational costs and does not allow for any further development or improvements to the centre.

To help raise funds we organise an annual autumn fayre in Duckett’s Grove, Co. Carlow. This year it will be heldon the 26[SUP]th[/SUP] and 27[SUP]th[/SUP] of September (same weekend as Jap Fest). One of the big events on Saturday will be the ASH attempt at the Guinness World Record for the largest group of people dressed up as dogs!

For more details about the Fayre please click the link HERE.

Every year we have some cars at the show which get a lot of interest. Unfortunately the vintage cars we normally have are not able to make it this year, and hence this post.

REQUEST 1:
Are there any ISDC members who would be willing to bring their Scooby to Duckett’s Grove Co. Carlow and put it on display there for the two days? (from Saturday the 26[SUP]th[/SUP] 12pm till Sunday the 27[SUP]th[/SUP] 6pm).
We need about 5 cars in total. If you are interested having your car present please PM me as soon as possible as we need to know within the next few days whether this section of the Fayre is able to go ahead this year.

The cars can remain on the grounds in a secured lockup within the Castle, with 24hr onsite security. If possible,it would also be great if you could be on hand to answer questions from the public that come view the cars. We would expect between 3500-4500 people to attend the event over the weekend. There’s a lot of entertainment for the kids if you wanted to bring the family (see link to flyer above for more details). Part of the car display involves filling the cars with party balloons. The public get to guess how many balloons in total for a small donation to ASH. The correct answer gets a big hamper. On Sunday afternoon the cars are opened and the balloons are let out into the crowd to burst them – some will have spot prize vouchers inside!

REQUEST 2:
Can all of you please visit and LIKE the ASH Facebook page
– link HERE and spread the word to your friends and family about this worthwhile event and charity.

Many thanks to all of you – and especially also the committee for their support in getting this message out.

Charles (aka Keadeen).

Attachments

• Ash Logo_small.jpg
    Ash Logo_small.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 88
Back