Anyone got Wi-Max?

S

Scoobymaniac

I decided to see what all the hype was about the new Broadband from Imagine.
I went for the 7Mb down 512Kb up package for €35 per month.

Anyway I got it installed today and it not even in 12 hours and its absolutely RUBBISH!!!!!
At peak times my download speed drops to as low as 2Mb. Anytime of the day or night it will not reach over 6Mb down. As for the up speed its has yet to go above 100Kb.
I was told there was NO contention but that was obviously a lie as the speed drasticly changes at peak times. And on top of that the latency (lag) is hitting 140ms!!!!!!!

At present I'm with Irish Broadband (Now also Imagine) but I have a fixed antenna on the roof. I get 3Mb down 3Mb up with a latency of 10 to 12ms with about 12:1 contention for €45 a month

Both connections have no Cap (download limit) but i'm curious if anyone has this package and what they think or what connection other people have and how the service is?

(Except Steve HIWD :lol: dam fibre optic)

MOst reasonable performnace/price package I've seen is the 10mb from NTL, mates have it in the house and it's al;ways up around 7-8 at least, I have ericom becuase its free with work but would'nt ever recommend it

[quote author=hiwd link=topic=19415.msg237645#msg237645 date=1258622933]
Fibre is the future :icon_grin: Upgrading to 50MB today :multijump:
[/quote]

Who have you got fibre with?

Magnet, only available in a few places in the country. My area was wired up for it before being built 4 years ago.

Currently 24MB up and down with no contention. TV and phone come through the fibre as well. TV is sh*t, but can't go wrong with the internet speeds.

95 quid a month though, but I'm a massive geek so I don't mind haha.

Steve.

Yup, between the xbox and PC. Big into Counter Strike though...

Back