anyone got coilpacks???

You're looking for the single bolt type Deco.
There are two on either side of the block.

Have you checked your spark plugs too? Might aswell do that when taking out the coil packs.
She takes NGK PFR7B's

well i only got her serviced..i know there was ngk 7s in it alright but they put 8s in it. i think that just the temperature rating as far as i know?

I was recommended to use 7B's as they were most suited to modified Subaru's where 6B's were mainly used in stardard engines...

Who did the service?

im not sure that fitting 8s would result in what the car is doing at the moment..it only happens sometimes like :ponder2:

Well it was stuttery with the 7's in so you could well be right.

Surely there's a diagnostics check that can diagnose it rather than going down the process of elimination route.. Was anything detected when mapping?

She was road mapped before so I take it she was tweaked a bit to reduce knock etc.

yeah she was mapped on the dyno and tweaked a good bit..i was told by the mapper that its possible that the coilpacks are playing up so i think best bet is to try swap them for a different set and go from there.

'8s are far far too cold a running plug for your car and spec????

who was crazy enough to advise this????????

would the fact that 8s are in the car make it cut out the odd time and bunny hop sometimes?

Back