Anyone fancy a bit of a cycle for a good cause?

gonzogicker

Petrolheads
I hope this is OK with the Mods,but i thought i would throw this up as i know there are a few die hard fitness fanatics who like a good challenge.

http://www.cradlecycle.com/

I will personally sponsor any full member 30 euro if they sign up for at least one leg of this fantastic event. I have done the Cork-Galway spin several times and this year i will be doing the 6 day cycle tour. You will need to be able to cycle 50km in one go to be able to enjoy this and not have a banger. :roll: The pace is up to yourself. Some people go all out. While others putter along. The training is a great way to get fit or improve your fitness. The craic is great,both by day while cycling and by nite while partying :icon_jook: . With this much notice it is loads of time for you to sort out your bike and get a bit of practice cycling in. Hope to see some of you along the way.

if i had a road bike i would be up for this, but just converted my mountain bike from a commuter back into a mountain bike. might be interested in 1 or two legs, few lads in work i might be able to convince too

Best of luck with it
Doing a 180k one next month for charity do it every year for 2 very sick kids.

just out of curiosity and Its a little off topic. Any of ye lads into cycling. Whats your average time for 35k and what is your cadence and gears used. I know there's different factors which Will influence every trip on the bike. But What would your ballpark average be

just getting into road cycling myself at the moment...did 40k this morning at a fairly handy pace. I'd say this one is a bit early for me but one to look out for in the future :thumbsup:

i was doing 15kms in about 45 mins cycling to work when the car was off the road, probably not the quickest cycling a mountain bike on the road!

[quote author=kbox link=topic=33623.msg385372#msg385372 date=1331470461]
just out of curiosity and Its a little off topic. Any of ye lads into cycling.
[/quote]

:thumbsup:

Clocked up 100 miles a week (not on the turbo trainer) on my Trek while I was in college. Was off the bike for awhile. Getting back into it now.

TacxSpeedBraker3.jpg

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=33623.msg385347#msg385347 date=1331415928]
if i had a road bike i would be up for this, but just converted my mountain bike from a commuter back into a mountain bike. might be interested in 1 or two legs, few lads in work i might be able to convince too
[/quote]

Thanks lads. Let your work mates know. More the merrier.

:thumbsup:[quote author=nodge link=topic=33623.msg385373#msg385373 date=1331470883]
just getting into road cycling myself at the moment...did 40k this morning at a fairly handy pace. I'd say this one is a bit early for me but one to look out for in the future :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Hi John. If you can do 40km,you can do 50km. Just pump yer tyres well. The pace is as hard or leisurely as you like. :1poke:

[quote author=kbox link=topic=33623.msg385372#msg385372 date=1331470461]
just out of curiosity and Its a little off topic. Any of ye lads into cycling. Whats your average time for 35k and what is your cadence and gears used. I know there's different factors which Will influence every trip on the bike. But What would your ballpark average be
[/quote]

They say cadence should be around 80-100rpm.
The average time for 35km is like saying how long is a piece of string. My times are all over the place. It depends on your form,wind,cold,route etc.
I am using a 14 speed Trek 1.7 and find it lightening fast on the flat or downhill i never run out of gears. I do struggle on some hills though. Fitness is my limiting factor. :icon_pidu:

Back