Any CCTV/ Internet Whizz's out there?

dossie01

Petrolheads
I bought a set of Swann IP cameras with DVR as there have been a load of break ins around my area lately and I'm gone most of the day

All set up nicely bar the smartphone viewing feature. I can view the cameras fine on my iphone via the app when I am connected to the network, but offsite wifi & 3G doesn't work. I believe it's to do with setting port forwarding on the router to allow access to the app? It's a Vodafone netopia standard router that I have

I've found my ip and entered as instructed but still nowt ????

Any help appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking along the same lines
What one did you go for has it got night vision and what's the quality of the playback like
Sorry for all the questions :)
Cheers
Keith

Keith it's a swannview H.264, 4 colour cameras with night vision, quality cameras and playback is v good. Has a motion detection feature too that mails you a still image once motion is detected. I'll ring Vodafone and see can they help first

You could set it up on your home PC, then set up LOGMEIN or Team viewer..then remote in and Access the desktop of the PC..simple way around requiring a static IP

You could set it up on your home PC, then set up LOGMEIN or Team viewer..then remote in and Access the desktop of the PC..simple way around requiring a static IP

Wa........... :new_puppy_dog_eyes:

[quote author=keith dublin link=topic=41106.msg470487#msg470487 date=1394802440]

Wa........... :new_puppy_dog_eyes:
[/quote]

You can install software , free, that allows you to connect to your computer and remote control...you install the client on your pc and the app on your phone....you connect through a web browser, once your pc is connected to the internet,you will see the desktop as you would if you were sitting in front of it..on and iphone you would just pinch and zoom in.
You can also get certain apps to run through the tunnel it opens

A static ip is a once off fee of 50 euro it will then work with any ip camera software from any phone or pc. No point leaving your pc on all day just so you can log in to view camera's.

[quote author=Aaron link=topic=41106.msg470530#msg470530 date=1394812679]
A static ip is a once off fee of 50 euro it will then work with any ip camera software from any phone or pc. No point leaving your pc on all day just so you can log in to view camera's.
[/quote]

He's going to need something powered on to manage the cameras..whats the difference it can stay in hibernation?

Most units i have used connect to a router so no need for a pc to view the cameras only a monitor for your own viewing in the room. Was just suggesting static ip as its just easier for some people in the long run.

[quote author=Aaron link=topic=41106.msg470545#msg470545 date=1394817244]
Most units i have used connect to a router so no need for a pc to view the cameras only a monitor for your own viewing in the room. Was just suggesting static ip as its just easier for some people in the long run.
[/quote]

Yeah it is a better solution if you're willing to pay/...I'm a cheap skate..

Dyndns seems to be a good stop gap, will see how it goes, won't get to it again tomorrow. Keith PM me your number, I can't PM back

Back