Any builders on here??

keith dublin

Member Number 161Full ISDC Members 2015
As above lads just want a bit of advice.
Im looking to take out my fireplace and recess the wall where the fire was to fit a 50" tv
Cheers
Keith :thumbsup:

Is it a real fire place with chimeny?

And if u bought a flat screen u wouldnt have any problems u cheap git.

Its a real one, i have a flat screen i just want it flush with the wall where the fireplace was if you get me. :dontknow:

Should be able to remove the fire place easy enough and to block up behind it with Plaster board.

Is the fire wide enough already for the tele or do u need to break a few blocks off the the edges ?

you want to put the tv over the fireplace and recess it so it's flush with the chimney Brest ye.

How about just building the wall out a bit with a timber frame,
that way it would look like theres no fireplace + giving the
room for the tv, may not be what you want but just an idea :thumbsup:

:ponder2:WEIRDO

Must be the bird/swine flu combination.

No seriously we could sell your story as first victim to the papers

Sorry for off topic

:smokin:

Simple enougth to do keith, But do it like scooby1 said, build out the wall with timber stud.

Il do it with u if u want. Ive all the tools here. would only take a few hours.

if it's a proper chimney it'll take more than a few hours .he wants it lower than the one above which is still higher than the flue gather which is supporting everything.so your going to have to put a supporting head in over the night he wants the top of the telly. as the lads said build a stud out probley 100mm or more so the telly will flush ,slab it return the slab around the corner skim it bit of skirting paint it run the cables for power ,sky , dvd player in the back and the bracket for hanging the tv .if you can do all that in a couple of hours fair play to ya :thumbs up: :multijump:

2 build it and slab it would take 2 hours max, plaster it another few hours. Paint it the following day if plaster has dryed out enough.

Thinking of doing something similar myself....

However I dont have a fireplace to do it with...
As I live in an appartment id have to build it with a wooden frame and plasterboard.
Also wouldnt do any harm to put a couple of shelves into it to put Xbox Skybox and surround sound system into.

[quote author=scoobysub link=topic=16878.msg207149#msg207149 date=1249302171]
if it's a proper chimney it'll take more than a few hours .he wants it lower than the one above which is still higher than the flue gather which is supporting everything.so your going to have to put a supporting head in over the night he wants the top of the telly. as the lads said build a stud out probley 100mm or more so the telly will flush ,slab it return the slab around the corner skim it bit of skirting paint it run the cables for power ,sky , dvd player in the back and the bracket for hanging the tv .if you can do all that in a couple of hours fair play to ya :thumbs up: :multijump:
[/quote]

thats the job for it , proper way of doin it and wont cost a fortune ,

Back