Alpine Head Unit Recommendations

Thanks for all the help lads :thumbsup: .. I thought the ipod cable came with it but obviously not :hammerhead: .. I think those speakers might fit colm but will double check before I buy :thumbsup:

Question: If the output on the headunit says 4 x 50watt, that obviously means it will output 50W to each of the 4 speakers in the car, yes? So if I get a set of speakers, say 100watts output each, will half of that be redundant as the headunit is only outputting 50W to that speaker?

Is that just because they are 300W so are exceptionally large? Would smaller 200W fit better without having to trim?

check out my build thread for door speaker upgrade - i bought FLI 400wat speakers in halfords for 40 euro.

superb sound quality and no need for an amp as the one in the radio (133) is heaps powerful enough for them, highly recommend the upgrade.

the size suits the hole of the old oem speakers pretty well, the best fit you will get from an aftermarket set.

:thumbsup:

Cheers lads :thumbsup:

And whats the story with getting a 200 watt speaker when the headunit only outputs 50 watt? How does that work or is the extra 150watt wasted?

May be a silly question but I don't know anything about the way ice works :iamwithstupid:

yes they will recive 50 watts per speaker
but the speakers can handle 200
so if you upgrade your amplifier etc.
you wont have to upgrade speakers
thats what i always assumed :icon_eyes:

yes that is correct, however the only way you will notice the tiny difference is when you have it blasting on high volume and scooby drivers dont do that :653:

Got the 133BT version, after hours of dash stripping to take out the old headunit, the nokia bluetooth kit and then fix all the wiring that some arsehole messed about with :icon_rolleyes:

Anyway, fixed the wiring so that I started from scratch with just the subaru connector. Got a subaru to iso connector from halfords along with the headunit. Have everything wired up now and working perfectly.

Only problem is the Alpine speaker in the passenger door is definitely blown anyway which is a bit of a bummer. Have to pick up a set of replacements and then we should be flying :subaru:

Any recommendations on the speakers front? The one's currently in the doors are Alpine SXE-1750S which are a 6.5inch speaker :ponder:

ill ask a lad tomorrow who fits ice
funny the alpines are blown
i have pioneers bought for my own but wont be fitted until next week
currently it sounds like moths are flying around my door cards when a good song comes on :icon_hang:

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=34364.msg394243#msg394243 date=1336809930]
Thanks guys, appreciate the help :icon_pray:

@lloyd - thats great info, thanks man :thumbsup:

Think I'll go and pick up the 133 from Halfords as it'll only cost 170, just have to see if i need a subaru to iso connector first :hammerhead:

On another note, would adding an amp make much of a difference when i only have front speakers?
[/quote]

Ive a brand new in its box and platic wrapping Alpine V-Power speaker amp here Model MRP-T130 if you are looking for an amp to match your head unit. €90 if its any good to ya. 086-8609766

Back