Advice on what to buy..

E

edycla

alright guys brand new to the forum..i'm gonna throw my question straight out there and see what ye think
I'm 25 and i have 3 years no claims bonus with quinn. have a full clean licence except for 2 penalty points.
I really want to get into an impreza with tubo but don't no much about the different types and their grading
with the ins companies. I'll have between 7 and 9 grand to spend so if anyone has any advice on what i could
hope to get for that money.i do want to insure the car properly too many uninsured guys out there already.
the HP doesn't have to be crazy as long as it is above 220 ish

I'm 26 with a no claims of only 2 years on my own policy. 6 years as a named driver.
My insurance is €2,200 through ARB. There are very few places that will insure you on a Subaru at your age. ARB were the best I could find.

You could get a decent enough classic impreza for that (say about a 1996 - 97).

Check out what your insurance would be on a 2 litre turbo impreza first. Then if it is reasonable I'd look here first for a car. Make sure it was mapped properly. This is the main reason why engines blow. Renno555 and Davelegacy on here map cars through their companies. Have used both and they know their stuff. Which one to chose will depend on what ecu and route you want to go.

Hope this helps...

Yogi

Welcome to the forum lad!! :thumbsup:
I've an Impreza STi type r but it was rediculously hard to get insured on!! For that kind of money if i was doing it again I'd probably go for a Legacy B4 rsk. Somehow they are hiding just bekow the insurance companys radar so are very affordable to insure... They are a sweet lookin bus, fast, big and practical and ya'll get a younger one than the impreza for the same cash. Whatever ya buy, there are loads of sound lads on here to help ya out with any advice ya might need.
Having said that I really love my Impreza but the B4 is defo growing on me a lot more. Especially the 03 jap import model but they  are at least 23000...

I was in the same situation at your age mate, had to wait until I was 27 I think before the loading fell off (with Quinn then).
Not sure if its any use to you but what I did was insure my mothers car, she was buying a new car so bought it in my name & I bought my first Turbo in her name and insurance on same was in her name!
To put this into perspective the wanted 4k to insure me, but only 700e to insure her.

Welcome mate, im insured with QD also. Im 26 with 1 years no claims and mine is only e1650 i think (maybe lower), WRX STI, they way i did it was to switch the car over half way through ur policy, i didnt have any problems.

As for cars u could probably get a good irish wrx turbo for that price. Or maybe a nice b4.

[quote author=WetPatch link=topic=4499.msg47843#msg47843 date=1196788511]
Welcome mate, im insured with QD also. Im 26 with 1 years no claims and mine is only e1650 i think (maybe lower), WRX STI, they way i did it was to switch the car over half way through your policy, i didnt have any problems.

from reading some of the other threads a lot of people get letters of refusal from other companies before they
can get quotes, did you have to go through this or did the just give you the quote no problem,[/quote]

i'm still a few weeks away from buying anything but if you have afew pics up online some place
i would definately take a look [quote author=damo link=topic=4499.msg47839#msg47839 date=1196787678]
i,ll sell you a nice 00 b4 young lad ;)
[/quote]

Well when i rang up and told them i was planning to buy a FTO they told me to go suck my b***s, but then i went and imported my self a STI, i just rang them up and told them i wanted to switch my insurance to another car. They did it straight away with no problems just e300 added to the rest of my policy.

Personally i think 90% of the time its who u speak to on the day.

if it comes down to who you talk to on the day then that is boll#x but i'm gonna try and stay positive
and fingers crossed i'll get lucky aswell

Keep your head up lad and welcome to the club.

I'm 25, full licence for 3 years, 1 year NCD and I have an 02 STi, got insured with XS Direct for €1800 I think :ponder: something around that anyway. They have a 4 grand excess though, hence the name.

I'm heading to Britton as soon as my insurance is up though, should be able to get it for under €1400.

Regarding a motor, I'd advise a Type R 99 or 00, they are savage looking, have a DCCD and aren;t that expensive.

One of the guys on here was selling a beautiful black one, absolute minter, little above your price range €12,500 as far as I remember but you wouldn;t go wrong with it

Best of luck on the hunt

:subaru:

welcome to the club m8 :clap: :clap: there are a few good models out there i would start with a classic sti or wrx they hold thier value and a good car insurance wise when i was buying the 2.0 rx last year i couldnt get insured under 3000 then went to quinn and was paying 1900 tesco this year are quoting 900 :wazzup:

An STI is no more expensive the a WRX to insure so I'd defo go STI! Afterr that it's just find one that suits you where cash is concerned! There are loads of models out there and their all good in their own right! The jap models have more horses standard but you will have to spend about a grand to re-map them if it's not already done! If you want a two door then go for a Type R if four is your thing then look for a Type RA chances of getting an old one in from England are good but very hard to come by here! All the Irish STI and Standard Jap STI's are great to but just make sure you get a good one for your money! :subaru: :thumbsup:

This V3 STI is up for sale here on the site! Good price! http://www.isdc.ie/discussion/index.php?topic=4490.0;topicseen

Back