Advice on buying a new subaru

Scubydoo116

Hi folks,
I am looking for advice regarding models roughly from 2012 to 2021.
Outback & impreza. I have heard some contradictory statements.
I.e; diesel are troublesome?!
Are petrols reliable or has anyone ventured a hybrid?
All my driving is mountain oriented (all weathers) I'm hoping someone could give me reassuring information.
Thank you

I know you mentioned Outback or Impreza but I've had a 2013 passenger Forester and now I have a 2014 commercial one. No major complaints with either and have put up decent mileage on both. They all share the same engines.
The early diesels gave a lot of bother with crankshafts so definitely avoid 08-12. They revised them in 2012 but problem still persisted so from mid 2013 when the new Forester came out they got it sorted. That's not to say they don't suffer some of the same drawbacks of any modern diesel. DPF blockage, injector blockage etc. Regular servicing and DPF regeneration keeps on top of that.
That's my experience anyway don't know anything about the Hybrid era. Have been told in the Forester it isn't as good to tow for obvious reasons.
Anything petrol is generally bomb proof to be fair.

As above really . What kind of Milage are you doing . The 1,6 petrol Impreza is very good value in 2014-2016 around 14k. But it depends what your after . There a nice new shape hybrid xv as well for around 20k but it really depends on your Milage and usage and if towing

Back