advice needed on polishing an a-bar.

stewy sti

Middle Lane Hogs
as above lads.
the a-bar on my pajero is getting a little dull and a few little scraps on it :icon_sad:. is there anyway i can get it shining again :cool: . what products should i use or what way should i go about it .

thanks in advance lads . ye always come up good with the advice . :thumbsup:

[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6 link=topic=32910.msg376993#msg376993 date=1326836483]
Try autosol... Might do the trick.
[/quote]

+1

I bought a second hand back box and it brought it back to almost new

autosol all the way man i use it on my exhaust and it removes baked on dirt ,tar and tarnishing brilliant stuff any motor factor should have too

Warning.

Wear rubber gloves with Autosol. It peeled the skin clean off my fingers for days after. Good job i didn't get a sudden itch. :shock2:

Quote from Autosol.com

Note: Only use on stainless steel. Contains hydrochloric acid, so avoid contact with skin or eyes and use appropriate protection when using. Use in well-ventilated areas. Do not use on hot surfaces. Avoid freezing.

Autosol all the way man, i used some on a set of wheels i polished, this is the result, i sanded the rims with a 320 grade paper and worked up to a 3000 grade and they came out great

pics033.jpg

pics043.jpg

if the bar is stainless steel and not chrome plated you can sand away, if its plated you may break through chrome, just try the Autosol 1st with loads of elbow grease and see how you go, it has a very slight cutting action so it will take out small marks :thumbsup:

just a qiick update lads .
I got autoglym metal polish instead of autosol. It was all the local autofactor had .
It has simular cutting compound in it .
The results were brilliant, def brought a new life to the bar , would def advise any lads to use the metal polish .
I haven't used the autosol so i cant compare , but i'm very happy with the autoglym stuff .

again cheers for the advise lads . :thumbsup:

i used it once when i ran out of outosol,its not bad stuff at all the finish from either product is unbelievable

Back