Adhesive remover

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
So had to take off my rain visors as one was cracked. Now im left with lots of bits of the double sided sticky foam thats caked onto the door surround, whats the safest,/best stuff to get it off with? I tired some of the Autoglym tar remover but wasn't really shifting it, put some more on and let it soak in for a while but if that doesnt work what could i try?

WD-40 is very good for removing tape residue, i've often used it, but never on that double sided stuff :dontknow:, could be worth a try.

[quote author=Grahamo spec c link=topic=32286.msg370200#msg370200 date=1321637078]
Rubber wheel in a drill does the job and doesn't ruin paint.
Got two off vinny Byrnes for work.
[/quote]

Best thing for the job, we use them all the time in the job, dan if your about tomorrow I'l do it for you I'l be in the garage till about 1, we'r on the greenhills road, pm me your number and I'l tell you where to go

whats a toffee wheel Ken?

@Dannyb, i have the rolling road tomorrow, not sure ill make it over to you in time. i got most of it off with the autoglym tar remover left on for a while, and a plastic scraper. but still have the tough bits left which wont shift

Sorry dan, its the same as the guys are tling about, rubber wheel. Different names on them. They are the job, thats what body shops use to remove stickers, or adhesive left behind moulodings when removed etc etc

Back