97 WRX STi

kbox

Octane Boostaholics
I'm toying with the idea of getting a STi a 98v5 if possible. Anyway I went to look at t 97 Sti in Duleek. White with 100K km on the clock. Took it for a drive. Have to say it didnt impress me at all. My car seems to be faster on acceleration, maybe I'm imagining it? My WRX is a standard V5 WRX with no mods except for a magnex exhaust. It will do 0-100km in 5.9secs (so I've been told! :whistle:) This one today took about 10 secs to get there, not that I tested it now or anything. The price is €7995 straight or 9K with a trade in.

Again I could have imagined it but somewhere near the washer bottle there was a rattle or a knocking sound. Any ideas? I asked were ther any engine problems and he said no. I did ask about a few things I noticed and he was fairly straight up with the replies.

Its put me off the idea of getting a STi now.

why not modify your own...i have a wrx and i have no regrets modifying it,at least you know all the problems with yours if any...if you buy someone elses you could be getting pot luck... :dunno:

Yeah its an option was considering as well. Not sure decatting now with this law thats supposed to be brought in though. The other option I was considering was buying a newer classis WRX a 00 maybe.

sure half the club are running de-cat,just change it over every time NCT time comes,i know its a hassle but worth it in my opinion...

would defo stay away from the sti you went to look at especially if it did'nt feel as good as your own car, and as the lads said try another couple of drives in the same type of car from a couple of dealers , at least you'll know if they are the same or better then, in the exact same situation as yourself about modding or updating and after a lot of good advice i've chosen the latter. best of luck with what you choose anyway, :thumbsup:

Give davelegacy a ring about his 555 he's selling and spec whatever engine you want! That way you'll know exactly what you are getting youself into!!
There is no point in buying a car that you are not totally happy with! there are enough cars out there to be picky!
Dan

Back