5 counties challenge and car show

lar murray

I said I would post this up here. It is an annual event for Charity (charity to benifit from this event will be picked at our next club meeting and I will update then)

Thanks

Easter weekend 30th & 31st of March

Saturday is our static show on the quay in New Ross - Last year attracted some very special cars and clubs. We had 6 Ferrari's, various Porsches, Maserati, Ford GT40, plenty of subarus, plus a nice array of Classic/Retro Rally, race and competition cars.

Saturday night has a night of Entertainment planned with Irish music and a huge Barbeque

Sunday will see our 101 mile run, taking in the 5 counties surrounding Co Wexford. It takes in various stages from the old Circuit of Ireland Rally from yesteryear. We have already completed the recce of the route and all roads are excellent quality and will be safe for even very low cars. It is a fantastic drive with some really spectacular scenery.

Full tulip notes and maps supplied to all crews. We have a dinner stop at Gowran Park, and here each crew can take advantage of 2 laps of the ambulance track which runs side by side with the horse track. This is almost 3 kilometers of super smooth, twisty and hilly tarmac that is a pure joy to run your pride and joy on.

Finger food and more entertainment awaits all crews making it back to New Ross.

Saturday show is Free
There are various hotels, guest houses, hostels, and B&B's in the area, but it is up to each crew to look after their own accommodation.
Sunday's run has a fee of €25 which is for local charities.

There is no problem if anyone wants to do one day but not the other, what ever suits you.

All cars are welcome. You do not need a classic, vintage or sports car - once you have a car that you love and you love getting out and using it, then you will really enjoy this weekend of motoring heaven.

If you need anymore info let me know

Thanks for looking

Keep up to date with all updates on the show on our facebook page;

Wexford Sports and Classic Car Club | Facebook

I signed up for the Sunday run at the start of the week, sounds like it will be great. :thumbsup:

What a day.

Alarm set for 8.00 was going to stay in bed and rang kids who wanted to go.

Left 8.40ish and arrived in new Ross just after 10.
Registered (€25 for charity) and set off just after 11ish

Bikers/garda had free flow in operation at all junctions.

Travelled first part in convoy with 3ltr Capri,porker,alpina and another porker behind me. Some drive :changinggear:

Had to have a toilet stop and nearly lost everyone.

Arrived in racecourse (Goran park) for lunch and 2 laps around emergency lane around racecourse. Got stuck behind gti and mustang. Should have video on Facebook later if someone wants to post here.

Nice leisurely drive back behind civic (zv reg) untill black WRX arrived . Anyone here (didn't have a chance to chat at end toilet stop beckoned)

Would put it in one of my top 5 drives and will be going again next year.

:smokin:

Great day out, arrived in convoy with,

2 Integrales
1 Ritmo Abarth
1 166
1 S2000
1 Spyder
1 Trevi
1 159

It was great to be up near the front and travel with the 2 Grales especially as one driver knew the roads and we got to do what the cars were designed for.

CARLO I was parked only 10 metres from you but hadn't spotted your post about going otherwise I would have come over and said hi. The toilet stops were mad alright - cars abandoned everywhere with drivers on both side in the grass margins and some of us put under pressure to 'finish up' and get driving again.

Definitely worth going to and I will be there again next year and the spin around the ambulance track was worth doing.

Big thanks to the Wexford Sports and Classic Car Club for organising this.

Toilet stops different story with 5 year old girl.

Young fella finishing video from race course

:smokin:

Back