5-6 speed conversion

nathanmcc99

Iv a 5 speed wrx gearbox with 5x100 wheel hubs
I want to convert it to 6 speed dccd sti gearbox what do I need to change and what do I need to get to prepare for the conversation.
Diff and shafts come with the box and I’m changing out the clutch and flywheel with it with a 6 speed one , have I to change the hubs ?

Matching rear diff 3.54 if uk 6 speed or 3.9 if jap 6 speed

You need r180 rear hubs with matching hand brake cables as they are different length to the r160 hubs and depending on what year the car is , abs setup wise you may need front hubs , make sure the box comes with the complete linkage and shifter as these are not cheap , 5 speed one will not fit

Not a cheap conversion 2.5k-3k you’d be lucky

Are the hubs the same wheel stud pattern?
Yes 01-03 Sti hubs are 5x100

There is other ways of doing it, plenty of info out there on the internet

Why are you doing the conversion? Going big power , what turbo etc.? If you’re not going beyond 350hp it’s hardly worth it .
Dccd will add another layer of complexity to the conversion

Yeah I’m going bigger power down the line that reason why I’m changing out the 5 speed , I’m getting the 2.5ltr fully closed deck block from aig and putting my wrx heads on it with them ported out and rebuilt, not sure what turbo I’ll be going with yet but the rcm 1050 cc injectors will being going into it and fuel system upgrades and all that

I have a type r rear end there have the diff sold but crossmember both shafts both rear hubs and discs non abs and all the arms are still there

Yeah I’m going bigger power down the line that reason why I’m changing out the 5 speed , I’m getting the 2.5ltr fully closed deck block from aig and putting my wrx heads on it with them ported out and rebuilt, not sure what turbo I’ll be going with yet but the rcm 1050 cc injectors will being going into it and fuel system upgrades and all that

I did the 6 speed dccd conversion on mine and all the info is in my build thread. There's a very good video on YouTube from Flatirons tuning.

Also re your build, I'd highly recommend getting a set of Avcs Sti heads and not use the Wrx heads as they are a huge bottleneck as I found out in my build(466bhp/400ft lb torque) such that now I'm in the process of upgrading to a set of ported Spec C heads etc. Shout if you need any further info 👍

Back