25 hours to get from London Stansted to Dublin

Paul555RA

Petrolheads
Was meant to be coming back from a weekend in London on Monday the gate for the flight was meant to close at 6.20 we got to the airport at 5 decided to grab a cup of coffee then headed for security at bout quarter past, security decided to empty and search my girlfriends bag go through all our babys stuff and i had to taste her milk as well (really not nice i dont know how she drinks it :puke:) so by the time we got through and to the gate it was 6.25 they closed it right in front of us and wouldnt let us on :angry1:so back we go to the Ryanair desk who told us that all they could do was sell us tickets for the next flight at 350 pounds sterling and we had 1 minute to decide before it was to late needless to say we didnt have that kinda money available so spent the next 5 hours in the airport with a 1 year old child desperately trying to find a way home the cheapest flights we could find online for the next day (tuesday) were 240 pounds for all of us i was also ringing work at stage stage as i was meant to be back in the following day and also trying to find somewhere to stay for the night i managed to get through to one of my friends in London at bout 11 so that got us a bed in the end and then we managed to come back sail rail we left London Euston at 10 past 9 in the morning and got back into dublin at 6 in the evening very resonably priced though we werent prebooked just turned up at the station and it was 73.50 for 2 adults 1 child (the baby was free) from london to dublin but when we got to dublin we still had to go back to the airport to collect the car and it took 2 hours to get from the port to busarus and across to the airport and i still had to go to sligo at that stage needless to say i was wrecked by the time we finally made it back :new_gmorning: :zzzz: was a very enjoyable weekend away apart from that so a word of warning make sure and leave yourself double the time you need over here to clear security in england

good job you didnt fly out of knock or you'd still be travelling to get the car :1poke:

Stansted is the only airport where I ever have trouble... Went through once with a black eye, got stopped by the coppers and now get stopped every time i go through.. Stopped the last time coming through as well when I was pulled aside so your man could have a good rummage through my bag... Was lucky to make the flight in the end :angry1:

That's a terrible story. It's bad enough to happen to yourself but when you have a young child with you it's even worse.

I made a few business trips through Galway Airport and every time i got pulled aside. It was a joke because the lad who used to go with me wasnt getting checked at all. It was always just me. He had a great laugh about it.

Really feel for I hate that airport, I fly fairly regularly between Ireland and UK and will only use Heathrow....there is something about working in an Airport, must be the bad vibes but it turns people into complete pedantic ar$eholes with no empathy at all....they never make concessions

All UK airports are big on security compared to other European airports. I have to deal with them everyday :icon_rolleyes:

I havent flown in a while the past few times weve gone weve taken the car i got through security no bothers but cos christina had a couple of things of milk for the baby they decided to empty and search all her bags :angry1:
It was the fact that they closed the gate right un front of us that really wound me up

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=26243.msg308188#msg308188 date=1283417402]
All UK airports are big on security compared to other European airports. I have to deal with them everyday :icon_rolleyes:
[/quote]

I'd say you get fair sick of them i couldnt go through that rigmoral every day

I know. I swear to you just because Im in a pilot uniform Im more guilty of something than an ordinary passenger. Even I have to take my belt off!

in fairness i'd much prefer tight security at an airport than a hap hazard approach.

Too many loonies around :cuckoo:

[quote author=Anto J link=topic=26243.msg308385#msg308385 date=1283455538]
in fairness i'd much prefer tight security at an airport than a hap hazard approach.

Too many loonies around :cuckoo:
[/quote]
Yeah but at the same time there is tight security and taking it OTT i was going through with Christina, Katie and a teenager we dont exactly pose much of a threat
[quote author=AndyC link=topic=26243.msg308293#msg308293 date=1283438301]
I know. I swear to you just because Im in a pilot uniform Im more guilty of something than an ordinary passenger. Even I have to take my belt off!
[/quote]

I didnt realise you were a pilot thats my dream job who do you fly for i did some gliding when i was younger had 9 solos before i stopped i would love to be able to get back into it and do it for a living

Back