2013 GT86 in Merlin tomorrow

It was provisionally sold at ?14k.

That's before fees, so depending on whether consumer or trader add between ?500-1000 to that.

Cheers Charles

That's big money for that year and mileage

Absolutely agree!

155k kms... and EML on... non original wheels... and probably 2k over market value before putting those things right.

Stuff in the auctions has been making mad money the last few weeks.

crazy money for that mileage and CEL on... you can import clean MY13 for under that with less miles on the clock

Is the big money been paid a kind of evidence of panic buying with the possibility of UK imports drying up on the second hand car market with brexit getting closer ,
Possibility of stronger second hand car values getting stronger as the demand for these cars increase and less available from the UK due to increased import charges,

I Find people think because they are at merlin they are getting a bargain no mater what
its normal to see stuff make mad money - sometimes more than donedeal prices
rare to get bargain there now
great place for garages to sell trade stuff , even with high fees

thats crazy money for that car
nothing to do with brexit

Yeah... good point.

Few years ago there was plenty good value at Merlin with probably 1 in 3 cars at a better price than classifieds or forecourts.
The past year... more like maybe 1 in 150 cars good value... rest are at market value, or in many cases over market value.

Not only that... but regardless of invoice cost... lots of "dirt" and few genuine motors there now when compared to some years ago (crash repaired, clocked, mechanical / electrical failures which in some cases are nigh on impossible to get right and total money pits etc).

Probably need a "good" financial crash before good value and better selection of ok motors return to the auction houses.

On that note... saw article in the paper that Duffy's is setting up a national network of "car supermarkets" to sell cars at "low" prices that are not negotiable. Obviously this will lead to even less stock for the auctions as Duffy one of the biggest sources of Merlin stock. I suppose that Duffy's decided they may as well retail the cars directly themselves instead of letting Merlin take their cut and then the smaller traders etc. Similarly there are now several of the rental and leasing companies selling their own cars instead of using auctions. Market fast being "tied" up...

Quick update:

Was in auction again tonight --- Meaning the seller did NOT accept the 14k bid from yesterday! :cuckoo:

BTW... not only wrong wheels and tyres and EML CEL on... and 156k kms... but... also only 3 stamps in book so incomplete service history at that - and already 3 owners too... on what is only a 6 year old car. M E N T A L - on the upside... shows what a good one should be making (for the lucky few in the club to have one presently).

I suppose if you were looking mines has his up for sale with all the right bits on it probably the best looking one I have seen here

Back