2005 sti 114 widetrack front shocks

skips

Octane Boostaholics
ISDC Club Member
Hi guys
Does anyone have a set of front shocks for a 2005 sti 114 wide track. Passed my nct in April, sound guy which was an scooby fan and was an owner at one stage. He said my front shocks need be replaced. Called my local subaru dealer and they said because it was a wide track the front shocks are ever so different and if you buy a spurious one they will not fit. Subaru price is €600 each 😱. I want to see if I can get a second hand set in good nick. All help welcome guys.

Because of exactly what you said above alot of lads replace all 4 with coilovers bc racing or similar.

However I wouldn't be doing anything on a suggestion from a nct guy even if sound.

Yes worth looking into but would only take action if fails at next nct or car not driving right & noticeable issue..if unsure show mechanic that looks after car nct sheet talk to him about it 👍

Because of exactly what you said above alot of lads replace all 4 with coilovers bc racing or similar.

However I wouldn't be doing anything on a suggestion from a nct guy even if sound.

Yes worth looking into but would only take action if fails at next nct or car not driving right & noticeable issue..if unsure show mechanic that looks after car nct sheet talk to him about it 👍
Thanks Ciaran
Did you do work on my car before?

Video on it there
You can replace the inners I. I. R. C. And retain the original outers
White kyb struts from the U. S. then remove the inners
A chap with the Username 2pot or 2 pot on type ra and scoobynet seems to be the go too chap for info and parts etc.
Chap in the video does it anyway

You can see 2pot on this type ra thread

I think he has a Widetrack shock thread on scoobynet though

Video on it there
You can replace the inners I. I. R. C. And retain the original outers
White kyb struts from the U. S. then remove the inners
A chap with the Username 2pot or 2 pot on type ra and scoobynet seems to be the go too chap for info and parts etc.
Chap in the video does it anyway

You can see 2pot on this type ra thread

I think he has a Widetrack shock thread on scoobynet though
Thanks scoobycolm.big help. I will take a look at 2 pot and scoobynet. 👍

No problem wouldnt go matching coils and normal suspension wouldn't drive right same all round be best imo.

No problem wouldnt go matching coils and normal suspension wouldn't drive right same all round be best imo.
Thanks Ciaran, seen the set of coilovers on adverts for €500 in louth as suggested buy (kerry sti) made an offer, I will see about buying a set for the rear later in the year 🤞.

S204 shocks and springs.

Bc there if I ever decide to grow up and sell up..or buy another Scooby🤫😛

Tks Joe much appreciated as always🙂

You could also chance getting them from Japan. I can get SpecC front struts from Amayama for €290 a side + €75 shipping. You'll most likely get nabbed for customs, but it's not going to be 100% of the price, so you might get a pair landed for around the €700 - €800 mark.

My last Amayama order was +20% duty on the item price and shipping price, plus €60 "admin fee" from the couriers being good enough to pay the duty for me so not to delay delivery.

You could also chance getting them from Japan. I can get SpecC front struts from Amayama for €290 a side + €75 shipping. You'll most likely get nabbed for customs, but it's not going to be 100% of the price, so you might get a pair landed for around the €700 - €800 mark.

My last Amayama order was +20% duty on the item price and shipping price, plus €60 "admin fee" from the couriers being good enough to pay the duty for me so not to delay delivery.
Thanks JohnRA
I think I will get a set of bc coilovers

Back