2005 Blobeye WRX, what coil packs do I need?

jimgti

So I checked my coil packs and need two. Resistance on one was different to the others and another has cracked plastic that has been patched up in a previous life with silicone. So want to replace them and may as well do all 4 when at it.

Problem is I do not know what coil pack to get. I checked and read somewhere that I need the FK0140 for the 2.0 WRX, but checked two that I could see on mine and both had a different number, one was FK0186 and the other FK0334.

Now I will be honest I have no clue if these are different, or whatever. Seeing on line some say there are different dwell times, etc. So just wonder does it matter?

Thanks.

Yeah I?d say someone has been in there before and just got whatever?s as available second hand , those newage coils are usually fairly good .
I?d say just get a matching set of coils that?s listed for the car .

Have there been any misfires? The resistance difference I?d say is because they are different coils , not necessarily pointing out an issue

Cheers Baz, I remember disposing of one that I found lying in the boot when I bought the car, so reckon it has had one or two swapped out before. I did not check what it was or anything like that.

The one that had the different resistance it has very low resistance, from what I read up (pure coil pack testing novice here :) ) that it should have high enough resistance across one set of terminals and the other three did. Plus have the one with the damaged casing so want to change that. Will keep what I have as spares and as you say will be good to have a set in the car that matches up.

Thanks again

Thanks, will drop them a query. Showing out of stock at the moment for their cheaper coil. Wonder what the difference is between them and the more expensive options they have.

Back